multi fx buzz ARRGGHHHH!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• multi fx buzz ARRGGHHHH!

So after dialing up an awesome bunch of presets on the Boss ME 50 multi effects, I noticed a significant amount of electrical buzz/hiss. Other guitarist uses same set up and has almost zero noise. The buzz is really pronounced. Need to get rid of it.

*amp does NOT buzz when I run directly into it and use amp's gain.
    * Buzzes with all of my guitars, not specific to one guitar.
    * ME 50 is used in-line from guitar to amp into clean channel. 10 band eq in effects loop- turning off eq does not minimize buzz.
    * Dialing down the gain on the eq, amp and ME 50 only effected the buzz marginally.
    * ME 50 does not have a grounded plug and amp does not have any discernible grounding controls on head.
    * some distortion fx were more noisy than others-
    * Volume pedal set at zero does kill the buzz. Seems to suggest that buzz is originating from the ME 50.

I'd love to get this ironed out before a big gig this Saturday. Any and all suggestions are welcome.

try a different PSU
    "There's nothing taking away from the pure masculinity I possess"

-"You like Anime"

"....crap!"

Comment

If its a low hum its the power supply. If it sounds like a typical ground hum it sounds like you have a ground loop issue. Try plugging the ME50 into a different power source from the amp and see what happens. The only other things it could be are"\
      A bad cord
      The ME50 is defective.

Did you try your ME50 on your bandmates rig to see if it hums?

Comment

Working...
      X