• Wampler Pinnacle 2 Deluxe

Guys this pedal is really really good.

1) Lots and lots of tonal options.
    2) Singing Lead Tone
    3) Lots of sustain
    4) Cut and Punches through the mix
    5) Sounds better when the amp is turned up to volume
    6) Great boost - just something about it that makes the solo cut through
    7) Amp Like - yep even with what I tried it on last night - a Crate Power Block hooked into a Mesa Thielie !
    8) Cleans Up with guitar volume - just fantastic.

Did a gig. Played everything from Train Kept A Rolling (so it can do blues) to Cowboy Song (so it does classic 70's) and it absolutely killed on Don't Tell Me You Love Me. Lots of versatility.

And when at band volume in a mix is when this thing really shines.

BTW I bought this for unfamiliar backlines so I use for those situations and when I want another flavor of OD or distortion along with my amp.
    PLAY TILL U DIE !!!

Brian W makes some good stuff.

Is that his "brown sound" pedal?
    Jackson KV2
    Jackson KE1T
    Jackson KE1F
    Jackson SL1

Comment

Originally posted by Larz View Post
      Brian W makes some good stuff.

Is that his "brown sound" pedal?
      Yep...check this guy out!!

Demos the pedal.
      Guitar: Steve Townsend, email Steve at [email protected] or his Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000353064169Steve Townsend playi...
      Kahler...Killing guitar values DEAD since 1981.

Comment

I spotted one at the last Bee3 show and snagged it. This is my favorite pedal!

Comment

Own one and have a "love-hate" relationship with it. How do you set it up and what amp are you using it through? Give me more details as I'm about to sell it...
          JB aka BenoA

Clips and other tunes by BenoA / My Soundcloud page / My YouTube page
          Guitar And Sound (GAS) forum / Boss Katana Amps FB group

Comment

Had one, sent it back. It sounded great and did everything it claimed to do but in the end I'm just a tube screamer into a Marshall kind of guy.
            Widow - "We have songs"

http://jameslugo.com/johnewooteniv.shtml

http://ultimateguitarsound.com

Comment

As as far as setting it up - depends upon the set list. Gain about 65% - 75% up, Contour about 10 or 11 O'clock, tone at noon. But all this depends upon what you are playing and the amp you are using.

I have gain on my amp with an amp boost, then I have a double sided OD that can do 80's distortion and then I have the Pinnacle and on top of it all I have a clean boost if needed. So I have lots of voicings of dirt. But the Pinnacle is the best dirt pedal I have ever heard for what it is designed to do.

The thing about the Pinnacle I found is it absolutely shines at gig volume. That is when the magic comes out.
              I will not be selling this pedal ever.

This is designed to be used on a clean channel so it is not like a tubescreamer in this regard. Although I have not tried to slam the front end with it. I did not buy if for that.
              Last edited by shredmonster; 11-01-2011, 12:26 PM.
              PLAY TILL U DIE !!!

Comment

Originally posted by Dreamland_Rebel View Post
                Had one, sent it back. It sounded great and did everything it claimed to do but in the end I'm just a tube screamer into a Marshall kind of guy.
                I think I'm like you buddy... :think:

Originally posted by shredmonster View Post
                As as far as setting it up - depends upon the set list. Gain about 65% - 75% up, Contour about 10 or 11 O'clock, tone at noon. But all this depends upon what you are playing and the amp you are using.

This is designed to be used on a clean channel
                Thanks for the settings.

I bought the Pinnacle as a "boosted marshall in a box" as I never really know in what amp I'm going to play through! We rent rehearsal studios by the hour and sometimes you have to play with some real beaten up amps. I got tired of lugging around my amp.

I'm not willing to sell it yet. It's a 220$ pedal so I may be part of the problem somewhere. I'll keep working with it.
                JB aka BenoA

Comment

Well your personal taste may be different. The Pinnacle is the most compressed of his pedals to my ears which is one of the reasons why I like it.
                  It's ability to makes solos cut out of the mix is just fantastic. The key is patience as a few of the knobs are interactive with the toggle switch.
                  You have to play with the knobs in different ways depending if you have the vintage or modern toggle setting engaged.

Other people prefer some of his more open sounding pedals like the Plextortion which is too grainy for my tastes. And it depends upon what you hear in your head as the Marshall sound that you are after.

You won't lose much money should you wish to sell it.
                  PLAY TILL U DIE !!!

Comment

Wampler's stuff is KILLER.....I have been having a blast with his new SLOstortion, which is a Soldano SLO style high gain distortion box -- and it sounds great at gig volume, as well as bedroom volume!

I have not tried the others yet, like the PInnacle and the Triple Wreck -- but i have heard nothing but things -- plus, if you do happen to not "bond" with it, Wampler pedals sell used in EX condition for 90% of what you paid for it

Comment

I spent some time with my Pinnacle this weekend and I've started to "bond" with it.

I have 2 rehearsals this week and will see how it goes. I'll keep ya all posted.
                      JB aka BenoA

Comment

I found it too dark, loose, and mushy feeling. Not tight and cutting enough. Sort of like someone added a tube rectifier to my amp and thru a blanket over the speaker cab. Not my thing, but I love the early VH sound from a good late '60s Marshall SLP.

Comment

Sold my Pinnacle Deluxe. Managed to not lose much... And bought a Mini Rectifier! Could not be more happier!
                          JB aka BenoA

Comment

I really miss my Ecstasy Drive. EJ in a box. Wampler makes a wonderful product.

Comment

Working...
                            X