Signal chain Q

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Signal chain Q

I was watching a few YT vids and some say put the BBE sonic stomp at the beginning of your chain and some say put it end before going into the amp.
    I have been running OD's first then into my Memory boy then into the sonic stomp and into the amp.
    It all sounds great but I see no advantages at all, I switched it to the first being guitar into the sonic stomp then OD's and couldn't tell any difference.
    Really? well screw Mark Twain.

According to BBE, it should be as close to the end of the signal chain as possible, as that's where you will get the most out of the time/frequency alignment it performs.

I've tried it all over and like you didn't notice much of a difference other than in front vs. in the loop. You will definitely want to run it in a serial loop if your amp has one versus in front of the amp.
    GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

I am using my pedal board with my rack tonight just testing it out so I'm going in thru the Jackson pre-amp then into a Mesa 50/50 power amp.
      Any other amp I will go thru the FX loop.Thanks for your input.
      Picked up a BBE AM64 OD pedal for peanuts today and its not half bad kinda buzzy on my Peavey ultra+ but the Mesa 50/50 loves it.
      A very different flavor from my Keely DS-1 and OCD I would say the AM64 is more mid rangy.
      Last edited by straycat; 10-29-2011, 11:19 PM.

Comment

I think in a pre/power set up you'll want it right in front of the power amp input. At the end of the day though, play around and stick it where it sounds good.
        GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Thats what I thought too so thats where it will stay.
          Made sense to me to run everything else into it then into the amp.

Comment

Working...
          X