Super cheap rack has come together!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Super cheap rack has come together!

I needed a small 4 space rack to grab and run with when the 18 space monster is too much!

Put this together with a few local finds from craigslist...

Furman PL-8
    Rocktron Intellifex LTD
    ADA MP-1
    Marshall Valvestate 80

Did not install the Furman yet as I need to hunt down some xmas bulbs for the unit. LOL!

Forgot just how good an ADA MP-1 could sound and the built in HUSH in the Intellifex was perfect too!

Total cost was well under $400 and while it does not do every single tone and bell and whistle of my monster rack, it is still pretty flexible and did NOT break the bank!
    Last edited by vklobucar; 10-31-2011, 02:18 PM.

A BBE 422 would really enhance that..under $100 too!
    "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
    Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Then he'd need a 5 space rack Bill!
      GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

But he is right though! A BBE is an integral part of my main rig...

Comment

You could use a BBE pedal...

Comment

Originally posted by chrisolson View Post
            You could use a BBE pedal...
            you could..but I think the older 422 sounds less harsh and natural than the sonic stomp.

But you could and they do work well..
            "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
            Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

the old 422A Blackface is the best of the bunch....

Comment

I have a BBE in my rack setup, and I have to say that after years of using it, I have started to play without the BBE now. Its strange..... it just sounds better without it. what the hell is up with that? :think: I always thought it improved the sound of the rig, but I find myself clicking it off more often than not now. am I getting senile in my middle age?
                "clean sounds are for pussies" - Axewielder

Comment

I dunno about that.....I use my bbe in my main rack and it sounds so lifeless without it on. It's a integral part of my sound with pretty much any preamplifier IMHO

Comment

All that for under $400? Nice !!

Comment

Originally posted by vklobucar View Post
                      I dunno about that.....I use my bbe in my main rack and it sounds so lifeless without it on. It's a integral part of my sound with pretty much any preamplifier IMHO
                      I hear ya, I used mine for 9 years, it was a necessity. now I can take it or leave it. its strange...........
                      "clean sounds are for pussies" - Axewielder

Comment

"All that for under $400? Nice !!"

Not only that but I cleaned up a junk drawer and sold off a bunch of stuff that never got used. OFR, Line 6 Spider, etc....

So actually it pretty much paid for itself!

Comment

Agree on the BBE - integral part of any rack set-up. There is a 'half-rack' version of the BBE. I had done research when I was looking to set-up a pared-down rack.
                          4-space: FURMAN/ADA MP1/BBE [half rack] + BOSS VFX1 [half-rack]/Mesa 20-20.

After that I pared-down even more to a POD XT and a Crate Power Block.

Comment

The sonic stomp works pretty well just dial back the process control and you're good to go.
                            Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Originally posted by tonemonster View Post
                              I hear ya, I used mine for 9 years, it was a necessity. now I can take it or leave it. its strange...........
                              Its not that strange. After using one for years, I started to notice it kills the bite of most amps. Sure, it punched you in the back, but the mids dont snarl as much. I could take or leave it too, but I leave it because I see it as one extra step during setup that IMO, does help me any. If I had to borrow an amp that utilized one, Id leave it on, but I dont use it anymore. Cant seem to bring myself to part with it though.
                              HTTP 404 - Signature Not Found

Comment

Working...
                              X