Seriously???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seriously???

Opened up the PB for the first time a little while ago and found the bias trim pot almost all the way up (somewhere between 3/4 and 7/8 up). Good god, this previous owner was an ox. Took the silk screening off the amp and the foot switch, put in a set of 2 matched pairs of different makes, not matched to each other as a quad, put an odd ball Egnater tube in the phase inverter spot and turn the bias almost all the way up.

Wtf? Oh well, shes in good hands now. Dumb kids. Think theyre EVH and his amp tech rolled into one while they play djent and do the crab core stance. Seriously, what was this guy thinking. I wonder how hes butchered the 6505+ I traded him? :think:
    HTTP 404 - Signature Not Found

Just give her a nice hug and say, it's not your fault, it's not your fault, it's not your fault............

it's not your fault
    "Today, I shat a brown monolith ..majestic enough for gods to stand upon" BillZ aka horns666

Comment

The mids actually come through more clear at lower mid levels now. Those tubes were practically running full tilt with no headroom. Im surprised theyre still good. The too high bias explains a lot. Ive never had to turn DOWN the bias to make an amp sound better.
      Last edited by Twitch; 11-01-2011, 06:49 PM.
      HTTP 404 - Signature Not Found

Comment

Glad to hear that the amp is working better for you.
        I like EL34s.

Comment

Originally posted by Twitch View Post
          Think theyre EVH and his amp tech rolled into one while they play djent and do the crab core stance.
          ............................ROFL!!! i got a mental pic of that one

Comment

Working...
          X