No announcement yet.

Noise Gate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Have a ProRack G Stereo Mod I picked up used on ebay for a great price. Works fantastically with my Road King.
    2003 Jackson SLATQH Custom (cobalt cabo), 2002 Jackson SLATQM (burnt cherry), 2011 Jackson Chris Broderick Soloist (transblack 7), 2007 SL2H (black)
    Mesa Road King, Bogner Uberkab, Mesa Lonestar Classic, Kemper Profiling Amp, Eventide H8000

Comment

I am still enjoying the phrase "loud as fuck".
      "clean sounds are for pussies" - Axewielder

Comment

Originally posted by tonemonster View Post
        I am still enjoying the phrase "loud as fuck".
        you should hear my fuck..its a sonic boom of doom!
        "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
        Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

All my need for a noise gate went away when I got both my Marshall rigs. Even at the 'Loud as Fuck' setting. My old Randall had terrible feedback issues, no matter what I tried to reduce it.

The position issue is realted to the length of the sound waves at the resonant frequency, the position at which that feedback occurs will change from room to room, try stuff like filling the room with egg boxes or other methods of deadening/deflection that change the resonant frequency of the room to a point that doesn't coincide with your guitar, amp and where you have to stand for playing.

Comment

Originally posted by horns666 View Post
            you should hear my fuck..its a sonic boom of doom!
            If you are talking about the jmp/9200 then I know what you mean. The only reason I went to that amp was so I could hear myself over my drummer!

Comment

So I decided the guitar needed better shielding. I used a roughly 1' square sheet of AL foil and folded into a bucket to put into the bridge pickup cavity. By the time I was done folding it, it came out to about 16 layers of AL foil. I glued it to the walls of the cavity and grounded it directly to the output jack ground.
              Furthermore, I made an AL foil thing to go underneath the control cavity cover which was 4 layers and cut an AL foil tab to ground it to the control cavity shielding paint and grounded it directly to the output jack ground.

HUUUGE difference. I almost dont need a secondary noise gate in the loop at all. The built in noise gate is almost all it needs now, and if I get my damn wallet chain out from behind the guitar(I usually do anyhow because of the noise), then the gate snaps shut like its supposed to. Im stoked to try it out in rehearsal and gig situations, but our drummer just quit today, with two shows scheduled this weekend. So I guess it will have to wait. In the bedroom so far though, its working just fine.
              HTTP 404 - Signature Not Found

Comment

Originally posted by Twitch View Post
                In the bedroom so far though, its working just fine.
                TheOffice-ThatsWhatSheSaid-Michael.jpg
                "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Well, our old drummer filled in for the show yesterday. With the NC in the loop and knob at about 11 oclock, in addition to the built in gate active and the added shieldding, I had no feedback issues. It was great. I broke out the wireless for the show as well and had no hiss with the body pack in standby. Freekin sweet!!

Comment

Win Win!

Where is your band page? I want to try and make at least one of your shows soon. We are organizing a battle of the bands for Labour Day 2012 and I am seeing bands pretty regularly to see the act and talk to them to see if they are interested in playing.

Comment

Originally posted by bratfink View Post
                      Win Win!

Where is your band page? I want to try and make at least one of your shows soon. We are organizing a battle of the bands for Labour Day 2012 and I am seeing bands pretty regularly to see the act and talk to them to see if they are interested in playing.
                      Seeing as how were between drummers right now, show scheduling is being postponed. The old drummer filled in this weekend, but I think he isnt interested in doing it again full time. Which is cool, hes a good drummer, but his style is very punk/hip hop influenced. I didnt really mind too much until he quit and we scored a real metal drummer. Id like to see that continue and not go back to how it was with the first drummer. There is one last gig on Nov. 19th, but I wont be there as it was scheduled on a day I let the rest of the band know weeks in advance wasnt open for me, but they scheduled it on that day anyhow and got butt hurt when I told them sorry about ya, you knew I wasnt available.

Anyhow, www.bionicmonks.com , weve also got myspace and FB pages. In addition, there are numerous Youtube videos, just search bionic monks.

Comment

You know your domain name expired 15 days ago?

Comment

No, but yet again something Eric is supposed to keep up on. We are intending to change hosts and have a new page for the release of the new cd, but I guess we still need that url. Ill let him know, thanks.

Comment

Working...
                          X