My old Soldano SLO Snakeskin Clone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My old Soldano SLO Snakeskin Clone

I want it back. I forget who I sold it to here on the JCF but he was local to Connecticut. Bottom line... I want it back. Cash paid immediately.

Last I heard, he bought it, moved to Florida, never played it once, moved back to CT but the amp is still possibly in Florida.

I want to do one of those SLO clones, but the cost is just nuts. from what I found, Its better to buy a used SLO cuz the parts are so damn spendy. unless you have a better source for parts.
    "clean sounds are for pussies" - Axewielder

Comment

Here is the thing.... I know one of you guys has my amp. Just come clean and let me buy it back from you. You can make a profit. Thats ok.
      I'll even send a call tag to Florida if thats where it is.

Comment

was it difficult to build?? I found the cost of the parts to be quite high. I have a buddy that is really good with electronics, and he mods amps, he offered to help me, but damn, the cost scares me off.
        "clean sounds are for pussies" - Axewielder

Comment

Originally posted by tonemonster View Post
          was it difficult to build?? I found the cost of the parts to be quite high. I have a buddy that is really good with electronics, and he mods amps, he offered to help me, but damn, the cost scares me off.
          In general, it's hard to scratch-build amps for less than you can purchase a second hand amp (or frequently even a new amp). The manufacturers get their parts at a significantly discounted rate compared to what you have pay for 1's and 2's of everything. In general, you don't build them for the savings. You do it for the hobby of "Rolling your own".

Comment

Ask ~K~ maybe she remembers who ended up with it I remember you posting about it but thats it.
            Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Originally posted by rstites View Post
              In general, it's hard to scratch-build amps for less than you can purchase a second hand amp (or frequently even a new amp). The manufacturers get their parts at a significantly discounted rate compared to what you have pay for 1's and 2's of everything. In general, you don't build them for the savings. You do it for the hobby of "Rolling your own".
              And you can control the quality of parts that go into it, and the quality of the build.

Comment

I built a 1987 Marshall clone years ago when I was a kid in tech school from parts cannibalized from parts amps. It wasn't easy and by the time I was done it ended up being just thrown together. It worked but was so loud I never used it without a power soak. Tons of distortion with no pedals at all, haha. Way more trouble than just buying the real thing, for me. That said I give amp builders a lot of credit for what they do...it's not as simple as it looks.

Comment

Working...
                X