Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Multi-effects

Old question, I know, but lots of new gear out there now:

Have a tube amp, want to put some effects in front of it. Just need a few, wah, chorus, delay, etc.

Option 1 would be to get a pedal board/case and stock it full of individual pedals. Been there, done that, and it works fine but can be costly.

Option 2 would be to get a multi-effects floorboard like a Boss or Zoom, but all of them seen to be way complicated, do amp modeling, etc.

Any simpler solutions? A multi-effects floorboard that only does effects an not amp modeling or cabinet modeling would be great. Anybody make something like that?
    My YouTube Videos | My SoundCloud Page

Boss GT-8 or GT-10 I say. I prefer the GT-10 as it has a bigger screen and USB as well as the usual MIDI.
    Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

TC Electronics

"There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

Line 6 does a stompbox modeller.
        I feel festive all year round. Deal with it.

Comment

I'd probably lean more towards the boss than the others because it has an expression pedal. Still, too much imho. Don't need all the cab models, distortion, etc. Wish someone would come out with a floorboard with about five buttons and an expression pedal, one button for delay, one chorus, etc. and expression pedal is basically a wah. Boss used to have something ... think it was the ME50 but I don't think they have those anymore.
          My YouTube Videos | My SoundCloud Page

Comment

just buy a used ME50. it is pretty much EXACTLY what you are looking for....

if you want new, TC has the NOVA and line 6 has the M13 (or whatever it is called) - both of those would allow you to add the wah of your choice.
            GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Endrik View Post
              I'm really curious about the "Nova System".
              JB aka BenoA

Clips and other tunes by BenoA / My Soundcloud page / My YouTube page
              Guitar And Sound (GAS) forum / Boss Katana Amps FB group

Comment

keep in mind.. you can't put the delay out in front. Some effects go in front.. some go in the loop.
                Here is my suggestion to keep it really simple.

Put your chorus and delay in the loop
                Put your wah out in front.

Thats what I do. It takes 5 minutes to set up and its fool proof. Boss and Dunlop pedals are a great choice. CH2, DD6, True Bypass Wah out in front.

Comment

The Boss GT8/10 lets you shuffle around your FX as you would have individual pedals. Pretty cool!
                  JB aka BenoA

Clips and other tunes by BenoA / My Soundcloud page / My YouTube page
                  Guitar And Sound (GAS) forum / Boss Katana Amps FB group

Comment

I ditched the pedals and found a Rocktron Replifex for $100. I then picked up a used MidiMate for $75 to use as a foot controller. It has everyting except a wah, and I'm really happy with the simplicity and sounds I'm getting.

Comment

Working...
                    X