Vypyr 30

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vypyr 30

Are the Vypyr solid state amps any good? I don't play out just looking for a good sounding amp that wont break my wallet. Found one in a local pawn shop for $100
    It's pronounced soops

The SS ones are OK. Go to a local GC and give one a try before you buy...

Comment

Yeah the pawn shop is right around the corner and they had shit for guitars to try it out with. I mean I'll use the crappiest guitar to try out an amp out but they don't even have a humbucker equiped guitar. maybe they'll let me bring mine in to try it out. Just want something better than the Spider II and the crate v30 I've had lately.
      It's pronounced soops

Comment

I had the 75 watt SS Vypyr and returned it. About six months later I bought a used Spyder III on CL for $40. I don't think there's a lot of difference between Line 6's and Peavey's SS modeling amps.

Comment

For $100 is an ok amp. Not so good for higher volume tones, but for the price, its a good bedroom amp.
          Last edited by Brozz; 11-11-2011, 09:27 AM.

Comment

Brazzhole is drinkin' and posting..again. Oh boy, what a fuggin' treat!
            "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
            Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Ive had mine coming up on three years..no complaints ,great amp for home use..not sure id use it live though..but for $100 you really cant complain!
              Last edited by Gartron; 11-10-2011, 03:00 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by 84sups View Post
                Yeah the pawn shop is right around the corner and they had shit for guitars to try it out with. I mean I'll use the crappiest guitar to try out an amp out but they don't even have a humbucker equiped guitar. maybe they'll let me bring mine in to try it out. Just want something better than the Spider II and the crate v30 I've had lately.
                I've got a Vypyr 30, and have owned a 15-watt Spider, I think the previous model to the
                current one. To my ears, the Vypyr was much better. I do think Vypyrs are fairly
                prone to computer glitches, so I wouldn't recommend one for gigging without a
                backup though. I wouldn't go over a hundred bucks either. Offer them 75...

Comment

Originally posted by lefty View Post
                  I've got a Vypyr 30, and have owned a 15-watt Spider, I think the previous model to the
                  current one. To my ears, the Vypyr was much better. I do think Vypyrs are fairly
                  prone to computer glitches, so I wouldn't recommend one for gigging without a
                  backup though. I wouldn't go over a hundred bucks either. Offer them 75...
                  I may do that on payday and see what they say. They have a couple other little amps I just want something I can solo and play riffs on and not have to switch amps which I'm having to do now to sound good instead complete and utter ass honestly. I didn't like my Spider II 15 watter at all thought the od/distortion sounded like a fuzz pedal
                  It's pronounced soops

Comment

I grabbed a 30w 1-12 Spyder II when they came out for my kid. He plays it constantly. I have alot of fun with it..I can nail a great VH/Eruption tone. I'ts fun to practice with. His friend has a Vyper 30 that he brings over to practice in the bedroom. Sounds like the fuggin Weather Chanel!! WTF don't these kids shred anymore??!!~ All they do is perfect fast palm chugs or playing clean with delay..doing Jazz shit.

I finally go up there, engage insane chanel and go off. Then I leave and say somethin' like..."Do that bitces!!!"

But both amps sound good It's a matter of prefence. People like Roland Cube too. I prefer the Line 6 because I'm familar with it. I just turn it on touch a couple knobs for 3 seconds and play and have fun. That's what a practice amp should be. It can be somewhat loud. You'd think loud enough with a band. I cranked it as loud as would comfortly go and got buried immediately as soon as my kid touched his drums. I've heard amazing bands using them in studio tho..lots of pros use Line 6 in Studio. But whenver they use a Peavey..it's usually a tube one.

Either one is cool for 100 bucks. I was going to offer my bro-in-law a buck for his. It's just collecting dust.

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Originally posted by horns666 View Post
                      Brazzhole is drinkin' and posting..again. Oh boy, what a fuggin' treat!
                      Is that hard on you have for me is a bit embarrassing? Sad, really.
                      Last edited by Brozz; 11-11-2011, 09:30 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Brozz View Post
                        For $100 is an ok amp. Not so good for higher volume tones, but for the price, its a good bedroom amp.
                        Nice sober (oops) edit correction AGAIN ..BRAZZ!!!

Funny how most of your posts are EDITED!

Comment

Originally posted by horns666 View Post
                          Nice sober (oops) edit correction AGAIN ..BRAZZ!!!

Funny how most of your posts are EDITED!
                          My stalker returns. Arent their laws against this kinda shit?

**Edited so my stalker feels secure **

Comment

Stalker? this is a response to your comment.

You behave silly. Don't drink too much, and if you do..go out for a drive. It's a nice fall day. Enjoy the foilage.

Billy

PS: You're supposed to ignore stalkers. I have a feeling you were one of many of my old friends..Me thinks.

Peace be with you
                            Last edited by horns666; 11-11-2011, 03:50 PM.

Comment

Working...
                            X