Any favorite modeling effects units?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any favorite modeling effects units?

I need something for church. $400-$500 tops. I'm running direct to the PA and through a powered monitor (JBL Eon) for myself.

What do you recommend?

The new POD HD rigs are amazing. Available in a rack mounted rig too.
    "Today, I shat a brown monolith ..majestic enough for gods to stand upon" BillZ aka horns666

Comment

TC electronics Nova system is really a great unit too check out clips on YT.
      Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

As Axegrinder87 said the Line 6 POD HD stuff is really good and it will stay within that price range. I've been testing a HD500 for a month now and it has really amazed me. I'll try to post a small review once I'm through with it. The rack unit doesn't really add that much from the floor units, the processors, amps, cabs and effects are the same, it ultimately sounds the same but it's more expensive and needs a floor controler. I was looking for something within this price range too and at the end I think I would stick to the floor model even though I'd prefer the PRO rack model just to keep everything on racks.

Comment

effects only? What are you using for an amp?

If you are looking for a modeling rig (floor mounted I guess) I would suggest the Boss GT10
          It flat out rocks and is very easy to dial in.

Comment

Originally posted by jgcable View Post
            ... I would suggest the Boss GT10
            As a die-hard GT-10 user, I have to disagree with that. The GT-10 is one of the most flexible MFX units ever and along with that is a steep learning curve if a person really wants to learn the unit inside and out. I'd say I was 50 to 100 hours in before I felt I had really had a grip on operating all of the GT-10's features. With that said, it's probably worth the effort because it is a great piece of gear. I just don't want somebody to be mislead into thinking they can buy it, plug it in, and be ready to go....especially if they are gonna attempt 4CM or something like that.

Comment

Another Boss GT-10 user here too.
              Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Digitech GNX3 is my favorite.
                HTTP 404 - Signature Not Found

Comment

Originally posted by Chad View Post
                  As a die-hard GT-10 user, I have to disagree with that. The GT-10 is one of the most flexible MFX units ever and along with that is a steep learning curve if a person really wants to learn the unit inside and out. I'd say I was 50 to 100 hours in before I felt I had really had a grip on operating all of the GT-10's features. With that said, it's probably worth the effort because it is a great piece of gear. I just don't want somebody to be mislead into thinking they can buy it, plug it in, and be ready to go....especially if they are gonna attempt 4CM or something like that.
                  Thats if you are deep editing. IMHO.. the GT-10 has the best presets right out of the box without any tweaking. Just plug it in, find a few good presets and start playing. You can absolutely plug it in and jam after only reading the quick start guide. I agree its very complicated and has tons of features but you don't need to get that far into it in order to get a great tone.

Comment

Thats if you are deep editing. IMHO.. the GT-10 has the best presets right out of the box without any tweaking. Just plug it in, find a few good presets and start playing. You can absolutely plug it in and jam after only reading the quick start guide. I agree its very complicated and has tons of features but you don't need to get that far into it in order to get a great tone.
                    I reckon it's a "your mileage may vary" thing. I've never used stock presets on any item of gear I've owned GT-10 included. But maybe some would be happy with them. The stock presets seem to work best with a lower input level, so if a person is using single coils or lower output humbuckers there's a chance they might have better luck.

Comment

strictly for effects, I loved the Rocktron Intellifex
                      Out Of Ideas

Comment

I have a Digitech RP500 and it's a really good unit. It sounds fantatic through a PA, better than a POD, I must say. The modeling is very very good and has the option to use it with presets or just stompboxes (pedalboard mode). It is built like a tank and it's size is very manageable.
                        Just my 2 cents

Comment

effects only? What are you using for an amp?

If you are looking for a modeling rig (floor mounted I guess) I would suggest the Boss GT10
                          No amp. JBL Eon monitor. Volume is definitely an issue and every amp I've tried is too loud, even a Blues Junior.

After much debate I went with the RP1000. I got a great deal on one and Sunday will be the first time I use it. Here's hoping.

Comment

Working...
                          X