Treadle controlled variable gain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Treadle controlled variable gain

Seems like this ought to exist and be popular but I'm having a hard time finding it. I have the Gig Effects VOD but its not really what I'm looking for since its really just 3 presetable gain levels that you control with the footswitch and what I think would be neat is more like a foot treadle that sweeps all the way from clean to max distortion roar and without boosting the overall volume much. I did try a Morley Tone Blender controlling a Marshall bb2 and that actully worked pretty well. Would like keep the floor as simple as possible though and with as few as possible patch cables. Anyone know of a single unit that sounds like what I'm describing. -the accelerator pedal on a suped up muscle car? : )

Morley Little Alligator pedal?
    GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Thanks Hellbat. I'll see if I can find one to try out.

Comment

It doesn't add gain like a distortion pedal, it's more of a volume pedal but it has the knob that lets you set the minimum volume point so a lot of people use it as kind of a controlled boost in the loop. I don't know if it will suit your needs 100%. I think I have seen a review of a distortion pedal with a proximity sensor on it, but I can't recall the brand or model. You could do all kinds of crazy gain freakouts using your foot just waving in the air above it.
        GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Originally posted by Hellbat View Post
          It doesn't add gain like a distortion pedal, it's more of a volume pedal but it has the knob that lets you set the minimum volume point so a lot of people use it as kind of a controlled boost in the loop. I don't know if it will suit your needs 100%.
          it won't at all if you use it in the loop. There, it will do just what you said, HB. Act as a volume boost.

In front of the amp, it might work though. As you increase the signal hitting the front of the amp, you drive an already breaking up amp into distortion. It acts like a variable clean boost, kind of how many will use a Tube Screamer or SD1 (vol. up, gain down) to goose the front of the amp to add gain. Won't work on a totally clean amp though - that will just increase your volume.
          Hail yesterday

Comment

I think I have seen a review of a distortion pedal with a proximity sensor on it, but I can't recall the brand or model. You could do all kinds of crazy gain freakouts using your foot just waving in the air above it.
            So basically it's a pedal that makes you stand on one foot and wave the other one around like it's on fire so you look like a complete madman onstage, all the while also challenging you not to fall flat on your ass the whole time. Sounds awesome!
            It's all about the blues-rock chatter.

Originally posted by RD
            ...so now I have this massive empty house with my Harley, Guns, Guitar and nothing else...

Comment

Originally posted by Devotee View Post
              So basically it's a pedal that makes you stand on one foot and wave the other one around like it's on fire so you look like a complete madman onstage, all the while also challenging you not to fall flat on your ass the whole time. Sounds awesome!
              You can keep your heel on the floor, the pedal front was tilted and not as 'tall' as a traditional wah/voume or even regular boss sized pedal.

It might have been this ZVEX pedal I was thinking of...

ZVEX makes guitar effects pedals, bass pedals, and amps. Shop our unique products here.

http://www.zvex.com The Fuzzprobe, is one funky monster! Cool effects from this thing...the proximity effect it gets, can get you a Theramin type effect. ...
              Last edited by Hellbat; 11-29-2011, 11:47 AM.
              GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

You can keep your heel on the floor
                Damn i'm not interested anymore
                That's one crazy pedal and a unique design!
                It's all about the blues-rock chatter.

Originally posted by RD
                ...so now I have this massive empty house with my Harley, Guns, Guitar and nothing else...

Comment

You CAN keep your heel on the floor but it's not actually required.
                  GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Working...
                  X