IS there ANY difference ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IS there ANY difference ??

Between a mesa boogie mark iv combo that is put into a original hardshell, and a standard mark IV head?

Im thinking about buying the combo which cames with a hardshell too and im just wondering.

nope. what do you mean by "hardshell"?
    GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

oops. sorry. Headshell of course

Comment

that is what i thought you meant. everything should be fine. the only difference might be if the headshell does not have a reverb tank.
        GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

Comment

A reverb tank?
          shouldn't there be place for something that is in the amp?
          :think:

Comment

sometimes when a person orders a headshell they factory will ship it without a reverb tank installed.

yes, it should be there - especially inside the combo shell, if that is the way the amp came from the factory. worst case scenario is that you take the reverb tank from the combo shell and screw it into the headshell.
            GEAR:

and finally....

Comment

okay i see.
              I just thought that the reverb was build in to the amp and not an independent effekt unit.

Comment

Seems like a pointless operation.

Since you can plug in extension cabinets with this amp anyway. Seems to make more sense to use the combo and have the 1x12 as a stage volume/monitor and run the cab as crowd supression.

I have one of these and it is about the heaviest amp I have ever owned!

Comment

Working...
                X