Slash's amp during the Appetite days

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slash's amp during the Appetite days

I was hanging out with my brother the other day who has a passing interest in guitars and amps, but doesn't play. We were listening to GnR and he asked about Slash's equip. I told him Les Paul blah blah blah and that I didn't know, but I figured he was probably using a JCM800. I did a quick little search on the internet and found out there is a HUGE story about the amp that Slash used to record Appetite for Destruction.

Turns out he came across some super amp that he fell in love with but could only rent it. There is a huge story about the whole thing. Its a pretty interesting read, I figured others here would like it too

Obviously, read both parts

George Lynch used the same head for I believe the Back for the Attack Dokken album.
    GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Yeah, that was in the news when his sig amp came out recently
      Jackson KV2
      Jackson KE1T
      Jackson KE1F
      Jackson SL1

Comment

His tone didn't blow me away on AFD
        The song writing did. The licks are legendary. The tone is generic to my ears.
        Now Lynch's... thats a different story.

Comment

That was a damn interesting read. I dont really care for Slash or GNR, but that was interesting none the less.
          HTTP 404 - Signature Not Found

Comment

Yeah, I'm with JG, don't think the tone is anything too amazing, but I thought it was a really interesting story.

Comment

I heard the story years ago. If it's the same amp Lynch rented, it was an early 70's purple 100W non-MV head that belonged to Aspen Pitman. Lynch...wow...but Slash? I was never a fan of his playing or tone. I've owned a couple of 50W Jubilees that were pretty nice and a Slash sig head, the Jubilee one, but have to say that head was highly overrated.

Comment

Slash has generic Marshall tone.

Comment

Working...
                X