The first time in I dont know how long

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The first time in I dont know how long

that Ive taken a new amp to practice and not had a single personal complaint about it. The Line6 HD100 MKII performed flawlessly and sounded just as good at practice as it did at home. Whats funny is this was the amp I was going to get when I ended up with the Fireball instead. The Fireball turned into the 6505+, which turned into the Powerball. The Powerball turned into the HD100 MKII and the short board. Every single one of those other amps I had issues with inconsistency between various venues. So far the Line6 is looking to be very consistent. This pleases me greatly. I also like having the wahs, mod effects and delays all built in and not having a big clunky pedal board. It will be gigged the first time tomorrow night. Looking forward to it.
    HTTP 404 - Signature Not Found

cool!! hope it works out for you!
    GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

I do too. It always irritated me that the ENGL amps just never stood up to my old Randall RH200SC that the other guitarist uses now. It was frustrating that my multi-thousand dollar amp couldnt sound the same in any two given places but the cheaper amps Ive had in the past did fine. Its a good thing I didnt get those amps solely because of the name. I swap things around pretty much out of boredom, not necessity most of the time. I just really thought they were a step in the right direction, but I have to say after being there that theyre not worth the extra money to me when the cheaper stuff seems to work for me better. Not saying they suck, the Powerball was a damn good sounding amp, at home.

For those going, "wait, you traded an ENGL for a Line6?", I didnt have any money in the ENGL, just a couple of hours of computer repair time. So Im still $1100 ahead in this deal.

Comment

I gave one of these a test drive in the guitar denter, it was going through a matched line 6 cab. The low end was ENORMOUS, I don't know if it was the cab/head combo, the cab or the head. BUT, it was something that I couldn't recreate with my rig....
        Enjoying a rum and coke, just didn't have any coke...

Comment

The head does have a lot of punch on its own. It can be over bearing if youre not careful with the bass settings. The matching cab has Vintage 30s in it which have really good bass response too.

Comment

I run with celestion g12t-75's and my other cab is loaded with V30's.... it gives a nice mix of growl and higher end. I may end up getting one of these heads just so that I can satisfy my own curiousity about it....
            Enjoying a rum and coke, just didn't have any coke...

Comment

Hey, I fingered a girl named Kelly today lol.

Comment

Gigged it, just got back. I now have a complaint. The buttons on the foot controller are too close together. I originally attributed this to the boots I was wearing, but I wore my chucks to the show tonight and had the same issue off unintentionally hitting the button next to the one I wanted to hit. With some familiarity, Im sure I can rectify this problem, but it was a real pain in the ass tonight. Otherwise, the amp performed and sounded great tonight.

Comment

Good to hear about your satisfaction with your Line 6. I have the Spider III, 150 watt version and I couldn't be happier. I don't have the shortboard but understand your frustration in using it. There are a few different footboard controllers available.
                  http://line6.com/footcontrollers/compatibility.html

Comment

Congratz! What is important is what works for you. So many players out there will "snob" products because of the brand name/model or even the reputation they read over the forums/internet.
                    JB aka BenoA

Clips and other tunes by BenoA / My Soundcloud page / My YouTube page
                    Guitar And Sound (GAS) forum / Boss Katana Amps FB group

Comment

There it is in the back, also, new drummer. Hes bad ass, I thinking Im already getting a man crush going on. Hes the only other one in the band that can speak gear.

Comment

I actually gel nicely with Line 6 stuff. They're lots of fun playing IMO!
                        "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                        Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Glad you've found gear that doesn't let you down. I'm happier with my hybrid tube amp than I've ever been with any other amp. It sounds incredible. The effects are a bit limited compared to units I already have, but I don't use any of the on board stomp boxes or rack effects--just reverb and delay--so it doesn't matter. The wah is pretty good, but I prefer the Whammy IV pedal to the harmonizer that came with the amp.

Can you make a better pedal board (with more space between the switches)?

Comment

Originally posted by Trussrod View Post
                            Can you make a better pedal board (with more space between the switches)?
                            I doubt it. The switches send midi signals via an RJ45 connection. Its possible I could buy a midi controller with better switch spacing, but Id have to program it. Ill eventually get used to the spacing. Ive only had the amp for a week.

Comment

Sounds good. Thanks for the review. Test drove a few of those amps. I thought they were killer. Its extremely difficult to tell its modeling. Actually, I couldn't tell at all. Got better sounding as you turned it up. Line 6 really got it right this time.

Comment

Working...
                              X