What humbucker?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What humbucker?

I'm looking to buy a new bridge pickup for my model 3a because the current one sounds a little thin and weak (probably the Floyd) what medium output pickup do you guys recommend. I play mainly old hard rock like motley Crüe and whitesnake.
    “On Ecstasy, Joan Rivers looks like Pamela Anderson, so imagine what Pamela Anderson looked like.”

i like the Seymour Duncan JB, Custom, Custom/Custom, and the Custom 5 for hard rock.
    GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by mikamee14 View Post
      I play mainly old hard rock like motley Crüe and whitesnake.
      Super Distortion?

Comment

Tone Zone for me
        JB aka BenoA

Clips and other tunes by BenoA / My Soundcloud page / My YouTube page
        Guitar And Sound (GAS) forum / Boss Katana Amps FB group

Comment

What pup is in there? I've got a J90C strat tuned to D standard that does the Mick Mars thing very well. Of course, the J90C is high output.

Comment

It has some aftermarket pickup that came with it when I got it I don't know what it is though. How good do the tone zone super distortion and Duncan custom sound?
            “On Ecstasy, Joan Rivers looks like Pamela Anderson, so imagine what Pamela Anderson looked like.”

Comment

Super 3 in all of my Floyd guitars!

Comment

Originally posted by BenoA View Post
                Tone Zone for me
                good call
                Hail yesterday

Comment

all these pickups are high out. lol
                  I would go with the tone zone, it's high output but has that 80's tone down and is not over the top.

Comment

Bareknuckle Holy Diver, VHII, Mule, or Nailbomb.
                    I like EL34s.

Comment

The Model 3 has a Basswood body. I have found that the DiMarzio Steve's Special is the best bridge pickup for Basswood followed by the Duncan Distortion.
                      SS = more like Metallica
                      DD = more like 80's metal
                      Widow - "We have songs"

http://jameslugo.com/johnewooteniv.shtml

http://ultimateguitarsound.com

Comment

Will the duncan distortion or tone zone thicken up the guitar a bit ? And I'm thinking of getting a trem block upgrade will this help?

Comment

Will the duncan distortion or tone zone thicken up the guitar a bit ? And I'm thinking of getting a trem block upgrade will this help?
                          You said medium output in your first post. A DD is high output. It will thicken things. Why not get an Invader then?

Comment

Well I've heard they aren't very muddy which is my main concern and isn't the invader more for modern metal?

Comment

Well I've heard they aren't very muddy which is my main concern and isn't the invader more for modern metal?
                              Ever listen to the Master of Puppets album? That's an Invader.
                              I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Working...
                              X