What humbucker?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ya that's a bit to much output for me.
    “On Ecstasy, Joan Rivers looks like Pamela Anderson, so imagine what Pamela Anderson looked like.”

Comment

"clean sounds are for pussies" - Axewielder

Comment

Lol. I never even considered the jb. I guess Larry knows his s***.
        “On Ecstasy, Joan Rivers looks like Pamela Anderson, so imagine what Pamela Anderson looked like.”

Comment

I don't know about Larry the cable guy but Seymour Duncan & Jeff Beck know about Tone!! Trust me on this..
          The JB is a great Pickup..

Comment

Has anybody tried the antiquity jb? And does it have an alnico magnet.

Comment

the JB is it man. lots of people diss the JB, but it is sonic divinity in my book.
              "clean sounds are for pussies" - Axewielder

Comment

I'll take your word for it man after all you are the tonemaster.

Comment

Duncan SH-5 Custom gets my vote.
                  GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Originally posted by mikamee14 View Post
                    I'll take your word for it man after all you are the tonemaster.
                    nah, he's the tonemonster

I have a couple of JBs - they're alright. I don't hate them like some do. But the Tonezone & Custom are way better
                    Hail yesterday

Comment

Ill look up some reviews and Demos thanks guys.

Comment

Cant go wrong with the Bare Knuckle stuff. I love the Miracle Man, but the Holy Diver and VHII are awesome too. Actually they all are awesome!
                        "I have so much gayness at times. My wife walks in my music room, and there I am, in my undies, listening to "Sister Christian" while lighting fireworks..doin' blow." - Bill Z

"I leave off the back plate and pinch my forskin between the tension springs. That may not work for everyone. But I find that the people love it. Half the tone is in the pud." - Bill Z

Comment

Jb is a great pickup. Think warren dimartini. The brightness in a jb is real good mix for the basswood body of an m3. Custom custom is lower output think evh 5150 kramer. However if something is to high gain u can always turn the gain down on the amp. Over saturation will make almost any pup sound like Poo.
                          Gil

Comment

Originally posted by JACKSONFREAK View Post
                            However if something is to high gain u can always turn the gain down on the amp. Over saturation will make almost any pup sound like Poo.
                            Yes, either turn the amp gain down or lower the pickup and/or its pole pieces.
                            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by VitaminG View Post
                              I have a couple of JBs - they're alright. I don't hate them like some do. But the Tonezone & Custom are way better
                              Tone Zone or Custom also get my vote. I think the JB is overrated. It seems to do better in mahogany bodies, IMO.
                              I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I think I'm going to get the super dist. Or the tone zone. The only reason I want a lower output pickup is because my amp has way way too much gain, I have it dialed all the way back to 1 and It still feels a bit over saturated. It may be time for an amp trade.

Comment

Working...
                                X