Rackmount racks.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rackmount racks.

Does anyone know of a company that makes racks that resemble amp head cabinets?
    HTTP 404 - Signature Not Found

You mean a 4u or 6u rack?
    Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

No, like some of the bass amp racks Ive seen look like a head cab. Tolex,handle on top etc. Also, maybe an amp head/ rack combo with only 2 rack spaces?
      HTTP 404 - Signature Not Found

Comment

Somebody here built one a while back, cant remember who?:think:
        METAL, LIVE IT!

Comment

I believe it may have been Zeegler.
          GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Like this? I bought this from http://www.tubetown.de/. They'll even make it according to your specifications and with whatever tolex you prefer. Mine is Mesa black. It's in Germany, so maybe it doesn't help you.

rig2a.jpg

Comment

Marshall used to make some bass heads that rack mounted the electronics. Back when I was using rack effects, I picked up an empty bass head cabinet in silver tolex, which matched the jubilee amps I was using at the time. I think it was 4U, with side handles. It also used the large bolts Marshall uses to mount chasses to cabinets.

Comment

I built one a few months ago, but it was much larger. What your describing would be real easy to make. I could give you a hand if you'd like. Let me know.

Last edited by veemagic; 12-14-2011, 10:03 AM.
                "I have so much gayness at times. My wife walks in my music room, and there I am, in my undies, listening to "Sister Christian" while lighting fireworks..doin' blow." - Bill Z

"I leave off the back plate and pinch my forskin between the tension springs. That may not work for everyone. But I find that the people love it. Half the tone is in the pud." - Bill Z

Comment

A friend of mine who is a tech has a dead B-52 head. I told him he should save the headshell and make a rack case out of it. All thats needed is to buy rack rails and mount them internally. That is, assuming the inner dimensions on the headshell will allow standard 19" rack mount spacing.
                  You could do the same thing. Perhaps buy a dead/junk head off E-Bay just to salvage the headshell which will have a handle on top, corner protectors, rubber feet, etc... already on it.
                  Rudy
                  www.metalinc.net

Comment

Working...
                  X