Help Marshall Valvestate 8040 issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help Marshall Valvestate 8040 issues

I have a old marshall valvestate 8040 that fades out and comes back. It doesn't do it a lot on the clean channel but does it non stop on the boost channel. Could it be the preamp tube?
    I bought it last year and it's never worked right so I'm at the point of fix or dump.

Could be the preamp tube. It could also be a loose connection inside. I just fixed my rhythm guitarists Randall for a similar problem. It would loose most of its volume for open chords but palm mutes would still be plenty loud but make the speakers sound blown. It was a loose connection of a cable that ran from the preamp board to the effects loop board. I reseated it and relieved tension on it by removing a couple tiny zip ties. Good as new. Seems your complaint is a common issue with this model, google it. It was mentioned on another site it could be a dirty return jack, but in your case its highly doubtfull as that would affect both channels. It couldnt hurt to try though.
    Last edited by Twitch; 12-13-2011, 09:12 AM.
    HTTP 404 - Signature Not Found

Comment

my friend had that problem in his 8040. turned out to be a broken solder joint. it was a $75.00 repair.
      GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

How much do these go for?

Rich,

I wish you lived closer. I'd take a look at it for you.

Comment

one just sold for 116 on ebay I've seen them go for 250. I paid 130 I think.

Comment

Working...
          X