dime amps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dime amps

i kinda thought they were cheap, dean "let's milk dime some more" POS amps.....but i opened for tracii guns last week and he was using them. they sounded REALLY good. he had 4 of them going as half-stacks. anybody actually play one?
    GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

I was still working for dean when they were working on the proto. It's just a reverse engineered Randall solid state, I can't remember which one, but whatever Dime used. They sent the amp to China, they copied the circuit and there you go.

Comment

Oh this is .....so cheap.

Well I certainly hope his family , girlfreind is getting most of the money..but they're prolly not.

To me Dime had only THREE amp set ups. His RG100 Randalls, Warhead sig and his first tube amp collaboration with the Krankenstein, and that's it!

Funny, I had my own Dime discovery using a 15". Prolly how he did it..with their PA cabs at practice.
      "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
      Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

plon - that makes sense since tracii guns also used the SS randalls in the 80's. also, man, you gotta come out to a show!! we're doing the brass mug on the 30th of december.....

horns - i am not a dime fan, but i HATE the way dean seems to milk his legacy. his family BETTER be getting paid!!
        GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

Comment

Tracii was big into BCR's wasn't he? I remember some sweet gunslingers and custom models unless I'm mistaking.

What's he using now?

Comment

Tracy helped design the Gunslingers if I remember right, hence the name.I think he has a sig Washburn now?
            H3LL IS HOME!!!

Comment

tracii is using his dean signature telecaster with a floyd rose. again, it sounded surprisingly good.

he DOES use a lot of chorus on his sound though....
              GEAR:

and finally....

Comment

Working...
              X