Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Name that effect.....

Flanger or Phaser? TIA

Hey friends! My name is Steve Cash. I am a musician and an animal lover. I've been on youtube since 2007. If you want to stay updated, subscribe and/or like my facebook page at: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Steve-Cash-stevecash83-/139714162764900 Official website: www.stevecash83.com

Heh, sounds like both but I'm no expert.
    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

It does sound like both, but I'm leaning more towards flanger.
      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Yeah, I'm with Toejam. Seems more like a flanger. Knowing wouldn't make it less painful though...
        GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Originally posted by Hellbat View Post
          Knowing wouldn't make it less painful though...
          It sure wouldn't! I lasted just under a minute before I could take no more.
          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Well, the effect of that song on me comes close to 'vomit inducing'
            "There's nothing taking away from the pure masculinity I possess"

-"You like Anime"

"....crap!"

Comment

This is the only song that I know of that sounds good with tons of phaser in the rhythm guitar:

Until you get weaned off the boobie, you are going to have to do what the wife wants too. -Rsmacker

Comment

The outro to The Thing That Should Not Be has that same effect as the whatever it was the OP linked to, just not as prevalent.
                HTTP 404 - Signature Not Found

Comment

I'd guess phaser.

BTW, I automatically think of STP's Plush when I hear phaser, even moreso during the verses!:
                  Nineth song in Stone Temple Pilots first album: Core : PlushPresenter: Stone Temple Pilots (STP)Album: CoreLyrics:And I feel that times a wasted goSo where y...
                  "Your work is ingenius…it’s quality work….and there are simply too many notes…that’s all, just cut a few, and it’ll be perfect."

Comment

Originally posted by QuantumRider View Post
                    This is the only song that I know of that sounds good with tons of phaser in the rhythm guitar:

Rocket Ride
                    Hey Atsushi! Wow, I think it's been decades since I've heard this tune! Thanks for the memories!

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
                      Hey Atsushi! Wow, I think it's been decades since I've heard this tune! Thanks for the memories!
                      Ron, a band that I was in in high school played this song at a battle of the bands, over 20 years ago.

Damn, we're getting old, aren't we?
                      Until you get weaned off the boobie, you are going to have to do what the wife wants too. -Rsmacker

Comment

Originally posted by QuantumRider View Post
                        Damn, we're getting old, aren't we?
                        Speak for yourself, old-timer!

KISS was the first rock band I got into, but I was very young (1976-77). I used to literally cover the whole wall of my bedroom in KISS posters...when my Mom got drunk & mean she would come up and rip 'em all down!

Comment

I never liked Kiss when I was a kid. Didn't really get in to them until they took off the makeup. Now I wonder why haha. I had Lita Ford and Randy Rhoads posters on my room walls, but my mom generally avoided my room for fear of what she might find haha.
                          GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Sounds like a small stone...flanger...
                            www.godwentpunk.com
                            www.myspace.com/godwentpunk

Comment

Working...
                            X