Anyone run an MXR Carbon Copy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone run an MXR Carbon Copy?

I just bought one but through my Marshall, the cleans sound killer. But with distortion, the echoes seem to be lacking the highs. This happens no matter where in the chain I put it and even if I run it through the effects loop. Anyone else have this problem?
    "I would have banned you for taking part in hijacking and derailing a thread when you could have started your own thread about your own topic." - Unknown

I felt the same way about mine. It's more of a "vintage/analog" type delay to my ears. Sell it and get a TC Flashback if you want something a bit more transparent.

Comment

Yep, normal with analog delays as far as I've seen. The sound degenerate as it echoes. I like it myself..
      Every man dies... Not every man really lives!!

Comment

Yeah, something digital might give you more of the sound you describe with heavy distortion
        Jackson KV2
        Jackson KE1T
        Jackson KE1F
        Jackson SL1

Comment

The charm of analog is the degradation in the tone of the repeats. If you didn't want that, you bought the wrong pedal. I find it ironic that Dunlop calls an analog delay pedal "Carbon Copy". If you want delay repeats that are a "carbon copy" of the played notes, then you'd be better off with a digital delay.

Comment

Originally posted by Chad View Post
            The charm of analog is the degradation in the tone of the repeats. If you didn't want that, you bought the wrong pedal. I find it ironic that Dunlop calls an analog delay pedal "Carbon Copy". If you want delay repeats that are a "carbon copy" of the played notes, then you'd be better off with a digital delay.
            It should have been called VCR copy. I will say though, the more I mess with it the more I think I like it.
            "I would have banned you for taking part in hijacking and derailing a thread when you could have started your own thread about your own topic." - Unknown

Comment

Originally posted by Chad View Post
              Ah, but if you think back to the days of using carbon paper to make copies of documents, they were very "lo-fi" copies of the original, kind of faded and missing bits here and there..
              GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

I had one and used it for a few minutes. I did notice it didn't work so well with gain, but I'm just not a delay kind of player. Sold it.

Comment

Originally posted by Hellbat View Post
                  Ah, but if you think back to the days of using carbon paper to make copies of documents, they were very "lo-fi" copies of the original, kind of faded and missing bits here and there..
                  Just like the movie Multiplicity with Michael Keaton. "She touched my pee-pee Steve.."
                  Every man dies... Not every man really lives!!

Comment

Originally posted by Hellbat View Post
                    This is actually a very good point. No a days we, or at least I think of it as an ax act replica sine when we CC someone on an email, it is a true duplication.

Comment

Originally posted by Musician78 View Post
                      This is actually a very good point. No a days we, or at least I think of it as an ax act replica sine when we CC someone on an email, it is a true duplication.
                      +1. Yep, my brain is so used to thinking of email carbon copies that I forgot about traditional carbon copy paper when I typed that reply. With that in mind, I reckon Dunlop's name choice for the pedal wasn't so bad after all.

Comment

Working...
                      X