Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best pick up for a model 5 (I love my peavey woffie STD. Bridge. hint)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best pick up for a model 5 (I love my peavey woffie STD. Bridge. hint)

As the title says I am looking for a passive bridge pickup that will give me all around everything sustain, lows,crunch, and clear as day. Tone zone? I would put a Wolfgang bridge pickup but maybe somthing works better in a model 5, also putting a brass block on the jt-6.
    2009 black sl1 usa
    fire crackle 3dr dead mint(flawless!!)
    Burgundy mist model 3
    black model 1 emg
    black model 3 h/s/s
    2005 pointy charvel
    2009 black rr1

Bump
    2009 black sl1 usa
    fire crackle 3dr dead mint(flawless!!)
    Burgundy mist model 3
    black model 1 emg
    black model 3 h/s/s
    2005 pointy charvel
    2009 black rr1

Comment

I had a SD Holdsworth pup once that had all of that, minus the crunch. Not bad at all, but wasn't my thing.

Comment

Try a Dimarzio X2N, you might have to back the gain down some on the amp. Mine, seems to get kind of farty sounding, until I dialed it back.

Comment

I've tried several pickups in the bridge of my Model 5. The J-80c actually really goes well with the guitar to be honest. I have Blackouts in mine right now and they will stay because they are part of the paintjob but my Favorite bridge pickup to date is the Duncan Custom.

Also, I would be wary about a brass block for the JT-6 unless it is made specifically for that trem. I don't know if the bolt position/placement is the same as a Floyd. It might be, but I am not sure.
          GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

I have the 550XL I think. Stock covered Jackson pickup sounds good to me. I'm guessing it's a J-80C but I won't know for sure until I tear it down and clean it (it was a recent purchase).

Comment

Nope, I was wrong. The pickup in the 550XL turned out to be a J-90C. I'm going to put a J-90C in an unloaded Model 5FX I just got, but what to put in the neck?
              Last edited by DonP; 02-09-2012, 08:41 PM.

Comment

Wasn't the J-90C Jackson's "Duncan Distortion" clone? I would think anything that matches up well to that would go well with the J-90C.
                GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Pretty much. Almost 16K with a ceramic magnet. A DD has an oversized ceramic, a, Invader has three ceramics, so slight variances.

I'm thinking I need to score a neck hotrails.

Comment

Working...
                  X