• Show
Clear All

sigpic
    Action Jackson

Comment

Originally posted by amimbari View Post
      ya just play with the knobs till you get it right
      TheOffice-ThatsWhatSheSaid-Michael.jpg
      "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

I have an RT50C myself. I don't need the chorus FX block in my GT-10 when using it with this amp.
        Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

I'm still rockin my '87 RG-100es that I bought brand new. I cleaned the pots out once with Radio Shack Control/Contact Cleaner & Lubricant about 7 years ago. They've been scratch free ever since. Once in 25 years ain't bad. I think I see a Peavey Backstage Plus in those shots...got one of them too from when I was learning how to play ages ago.

Enjoy the Randall!
          My Charvel/Jackson Family

Comment

Yup Peavey Backstage Plus is my first amp ever... still works great... I traded it years ago and found out one of my other friends had it... $20 bucks later it's mine again.

My Randall Classic is cool but it doesn't have that awesome gain like the ES.
            sigpic
            Action Jackson

Comment

Heres a pic of all the Randalls I used to own. The only one I have left i s the Titan.

HTTP 404 - Signature Not Found

Comment

Originally posted by Nimitz View Post
                [ATTACH=CONFIG]3391[/ATTACH]
                Did you or somebody paint the silver/white/black grill fabric black??
                Every man dies... Not every man really lives!!

Comment

Originally posted by Nimitz View Post
                  I think these Randalls are an overlooked Gem.
                  You like that for the price, your next one should be an RH G1 or G2 model, preferably one of the higher wattage models, but the 100s are ok, they just dont do rehearsals spectacularly. That Rh200SC I used to have is a hell of an amp for the price and SS. If the guitarist in my old band decides to sell it, if Ive got the spare cash, Ill buy it back from him, no second thought. You can pick them up all day long for $250. Theres not much in the way of heads thats Randall and sucks. The RX series kind of blows, but only because they sound like theres a blanket over the speakers with the treble all the way up, but the gain and rest of the voicing is there. I will say that Warheads are hit and miss though. They seem to be really erratic. Some sound great, some sound fucked up. Id really like to find a Warhead X2 at some point for a reasonable price. Basically, its a Titan reengineered for Dime by Bruce Eganter when he worked for Randall, but it was mixed up in the time Dime went to Krank and then his death, so theres very few out there.

Comment

Well finally got around to playing this Randall with my brothers drums... with the Behringer Ultra Metal pedal it just isn't loud enough... sigh, sounds like total dog crap while trying to get some volume... kinda what I expected out of that cheap ass pedal...

It is loud enough on just amps overdrive channel...

Anyway what kind of pedal would make the overdrive channel into that biting metal sound of Pantera?

Or should I just look for a new amp?

Now that I have played this one with the drums I miss my old 5150

I don't have a lot of money, so with any suggestions, please pretend you're broke like me.
                    sigpic
                    Action Jackson

Comment

the RH was later than the RG and prior to the RG classic, the RG was available as a head (RG100ES) combo RG100 and rack (RG100HT). The ones from the mid/late 80's had push pull pots on I believe the gain of each channel as well as the presence that acted as a bright switch. they are cheap because they are solid state and associated with 80's metal. They are great amps for the $ but do need to be tweaked as you raise the volume since they get very bright, Ive never needed to push the front end of those amps much, even a nice tube screamer a TS9 worked great for me. the only pain in the ass were the footswitches since only they used that 6 or 8 pin connector. I dont have anymore RG's but i still have my RGT100ES that i bought new back in 87/8 which is just a tube version of the RG.

Comment

Get the Line6 Uber Metal or the Boss Metal Zone. Run either into the clean channel. I prefer the Uber 100/1. Additionally, I nailed the Walk tone with my Spidervalve MKII. Get one of those and Ill send you the patch.

Comment

I am very familiar with the RG series. I agree with j2379. They get brighter as they get louder. Dialing down the gain a little and using a TS9 tube screamer out in front really does the trick.

I currently own a Washburn PG100H which is pretty much the same thing as the old RG100 and it sounds great with a tube screamer out in front.
                          I got bashed here when I mentioned how good it sounds and how cheap it costs.
                          You really can't beat the Randall RG series amps. They all sound good from the 1 x 12 combo's up to the 1/2 stacks.
                          Randall distortion is signature high gain Marshall.
                          Also... they really are a bullet proof amp. They never break down.
                          I did an open mic a few weeks ago and I noticed that one of the guitar players onstage had really really good tone.
                          He was playing an old RG50 1 x 12 combo in factory green snakeskin. He told me he has 2 of them.
                          His guitar tone was outstanding. As good or better than any of the tube amps on stage including mine.

Comment

Sold my JSX... pulled the Classic RG out from under the laundry, took about five minutes to dial it in. Great amp... No love lost on the JSX...
                            sigpic
                            Action Jackson

Comment

right on...I love my RG 100es... have an RG200 that is great clean but im not a fan of the 2nd and 3rd channels.. been either running an old SGX or a rat.. .. ironically.. both of these devices are as old as my RG.. lol

really digin the rat... rarely ever really use it but have had it forever. played some AC/DC last night and was getting a pretty good creamy tone
                              GEAR:
                              #1 2001 MIJ Jackson DK-2 (IG Smoke Stack II,IG Pig Iron & 79' Gibson T-Top)
                              #2 1995 MIK modded Fender squire (IG Rollings Mills,SD SC-101, IG Iron Slag)

#3 2001 MIK Squier Stagemaster Deluxe[Fender TripleBucker]
                              #4 2007 MIJ DKMG/DXMG Jackson (IG VOLTS)
                              #5 1985 MIA Gibson SG Special (EMG 85 & H)
                              #6 1999 MIK ESP LTD M107
                              AMPS:
                              1989 Randall RG 100 ES;Randall RH 200;Peavey 412 ms;two Early 70's Woodson 212's
                              ART SGX 2000 w/x15 ultrafoot;ART MutiVerb

Comment

Working...
                              X