Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Marshall JFX-1 assist..Rudy your PM box is full.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marshall JFX-1 assist..Rudy your PM box is full.

Hey Guys, Rudy (Roodyrocker) needs the right adaptor to his JFX-1. I haven't moved my rack which is wedged in a corner bewteen two walls ..oddly resting on my 4 marshall cabs. I've trived to move it without much luck. I'm older, fatter, and F'd up since I put it like that. I did a quick search for "Marshall JFX-1 power supply" and found a Marshall site showing the back of one with adaptor but you can't read it. Then there is a guy on E-Bay selling replacemets for 6.99 or so. http://www.ebay.com/itm/9V-Marshall-...item2eba508b23

My user manual basically says ..make sure to use this adaptor only. So , if anyone can dig up the specs of the proper apdaptor to use in the states..you'll save my back tremously.

Thanks in advance

Billy Ballzack
    "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
    Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Hi Bill;

I've seen that adapter on E-Bay. Its actually one for the UK and I even e-mailed them to see if they had the US version, no dice. I already have the factory Marshall UK adapter for mine. I need the US version. Anyway, the factory one is a 9v AC 1200ma power supply. I found a 9v AC 1500ma unit and it works fine with the JFX-1. You can go higher on the current (ma) rating than required but not lower. So it looks like I'll be using that one with it. I noticed the UK version is three prong, I'm using a two prong on the US version. Anyone have a US power supply that can tell me if theirs is two or three prong?
    Thanks!
    Rudy
    www.metalinc.net

Comment

Don't know if it helps but like you said, any 9v 1200ma+ (1.2a) will work. My Godlyke powerall is 9v 2000ma and is 2 prong. As long as there isn't any ground buzz, you should be good with 2 prong.
      Every man dies... Not every man really lives!!

Comment

Originally posted by warlok View Post
        Don't know if it helps but like you said, any 9v 1200ma+ (1.2a) will work. My Godlyke powerall is 9v 2000ma and is 2 prong. As long as there isn't any ground buzz, you should be good with 2 prong.
        Yes, this seems to be the case. I really think the reply I got back from Marshall saying 3 pin must have been refering to the UK version. I got the 9v AC 1500ma power supply today. Sometime this weekend I will finish getting everything mounted in the rack and wired up. Its all part of a dual pre-amp/power amp setup
        Thanks guys!
        Rudy
        www.metalinc.net

Comment

Working...
        X