Peavey 6505 gurus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Frigo89 View Post
    Passing on issues to unsuspecting buyers...great way to build a reputation as a seller.
    Wow dude, you come up with all that on your own?

Go eat some Smegma Cheese you Doosh

When I sold my 5150 that was fucked up, I said in my local CL ad that it was super rare mint condition... guy showed up and paid full price without ever turning it on. I slept great that night. Then I moved and changed my phone number the next day.
    sigpic
    Action Jackson

Comment

I'm taking it to an amp tech tomorrow. Not sure how long it will take but I assume at least a week. Thankfully I'm lucky enough to have other amps.
      "I would have banned you for taking part in hijacking and derailing a thread when you could have started your own thread about your own topic." - Unknown

Comment

Originally posted by Nimitz View Post
        Wow dude, you come up with all that on your own?

Go eat some Smegma Cheese you Doosh

When I sold my 5150 that was fucked up, I said in my local CL ad that it was super rare mint condition... guy showed up and paid full price without ever turning it on. I slept great that night. Then I moved and changed my phone number the next day.
        you Took that a little more harsh than I expected, but glad you handled it with some humour.

I would never sell something as "broken" without going leaps and bounds to try to get something fixed, and even then, I likely wouldn't sell it, I'd likely gut it, chuck the garbage bits, or have it modded as needed.

To the OP, glad you're getting it sorted
        Out Of Ideas

Comment

Originally posted by Twitch View Post
          Not if your ad says something to the order of " Peavey 6505, its fucked, selling cheap. Take this piece of shit off my hands. I repeat, its fucked."

I feel for Mr. 78. Its sucks when your main amps takes a poo poo. The other guitarist power supply in his Egnater Tour Master took a shit. Egnater has been way less than helpful in the matter. All I need is a damn schematic and were good to go, but alas, they wont return emails or phone calls.

At least Mr. 78 has this option. Id post what Im looking for on the Egnater, but I dont think anyone here both has the amp and knows how to use a multi-meter.
          Twitch, if you need to replace a PS it souldn't be too hard. Get a replacement and the wiring should be the same. Pretty much all schematics are similar, especially in the PS area. Just converting AC to DC. Go for it!

Comment

Originally posted by DonP View Post
            Twitch, if you need to replace a PS it souldn't be too hard. Get a replacement and the wiring should be the same. Pretty much all schematics are similar, especially in the PS area. Just converting AC to DC. Go for it!
            I know what the problem is, just cant determine to component value. It has a bad diode.
            HTTP 404 - Signature Not Found

Comment

I had a similar problem in my Marshall last year. It turned out to be a bad preamp tube socket. I burned the shit out of my fingers more times than a crackhead trying to figure it out. I'd been hearing the sound change slightly while playing the last few years and always thought it was just my ears.

Easy enough to fix. Rather than messing with an old socket I replaced it. I'll be damned if the same problem didn't come back! I had to wiggle the tube (pins) around a little in the socket and it's been fine ever since. Good luck to the OP getting it fixed. It really sucks when your baby craps out on you.

Comment

Originally posted by Twitch View Post
                I know what the problem is, just cant determine to component value. It has a bad diode.
                If it's a rectifier diode, just throw in a 1N4001, 4004 or 4007. Anything you can get your hands on will work for about a buck. Just make sure you install it the right way lol.

Comment

I will update this thread when I find out the problem.
                  "I would have banned you for taking part in hijacking and derailing a thread when you could have started your own thread about your own topic." - Unknown

Comment

Originally posted by Chief_CrazyTalk View Post
                    If it's a rectifier diode, just throw in a 1N4001, 4004 or 4007. Anything you can get your hands on will work for about a buck. Just make sure you install it the right way lol.
                    Nah, its a little zenor.
                    HTTP 404 - Signature Not Found

Comment

Update. Bad preamp tube. Great news indeed!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Musician78 View Post
                        Update. Bad preamp tube. Great news indeed!!!
                        Lucky Bastard...
                        sigpic
                        Action Jackson

Comment

No crap. I figured I was screwed.

Comment

That's awesome news man... I loved my 5150 but it gave me so many problems I just had to part with it... I have never had good luck with amps... Glad it was such a simple fix for ya... NOW ROCK THAT FUCKER ON 11!!!
                            sigpic
                            Action Jackson

Comment

Cool. it prolly sounds better than before..that's usually the case for me.
                              "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                              Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Working...
                              X