Guitar Center + Roland JC-120H

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guitar Center + Roland JC-120H

So a few days ago I saw a great price on a used JC120 head version. Always wanted to get one of these again since I used the combo version in the early 90's. Fantastic cleans. Shipped to me in two days. Excited, I went to hook it up. Wouldn't power on. Did some troubleshooting. THere was no fuse and more importantly no fuse holder in the back. I couldn't find any information on where to get a new fuse cap for these old Rolands anywhere online. Talked to Guitar Center online and they told me to I could return it back to my local store. Tonight I took it there and explained the situation. They happened to have a used combo there coincidentally and we took the fuse out of that and put it in the head. And....nothing still, as I suspected (glad I didn't waste time and money tracking down a fuse holder on my own). Amp is dead. Of course they tried to get me to take the combo but I didn't want a 2 ton monster.

What get's me is obviously no one even bothered to check this amp out to see if it worked before they sold it. lol Probably some guy wanted to make a trade and had a busted JC120H and had the bright idea to lose the fuse and offer it for a trade, hoping they would just think it needed a fuse. Or maybe, the store I got it from knew about it but just wanted to pass it on to another store. Owned!
    Last edited by Animus; 01-08-2012, 01:13 AM.
    2003 Jackson SLATQH Custom (cobalt cabo), 2002 Jackson SLATQM (burnt cherry), 2011 Jackson Chris Broderick Soloist (transblack 7), 2007 SL2H (black)
    Mesa Road King, Bogner Uberkab, Mesa Lonestar Classic, Kemper Profiling Amp, Eventide H8000

I hope you at least got a set of strings out of for your troubles as the middle man crap mover.
    sigpic
    Action Jackson

Comment

Nope. I did get a real nice box and packing materials perfect for an amp head if I ever sell one again. :-) Only thing they did was try and get me to buy something else.

Funny, I had my Jackson shirt on. All I saw were ESP, Ibanez (a shitload) and some Schecters and PRS on the walls. I asked the guy jokingly, "What the hell, no Jacksons?" He was "Oh they are back over there in the corner." They had maybe two import Jackson soloists. lol

It's a shame though, the Roland head was in almost mint condition, considering the serial number dated to around 1980.
      Last edited by Animus; 01-08-2012, 01:31 AM.
      2003 Jackson SLATQH Custom (cobalt cabo), 2002 Jackson SLATQM (burnt cherry), 2011 Jackson Chris Broderick Soloist (transblack 7), 2007 SL2H (black)
      Mesa Road King, Bogner Uberkab, Mesa Lonestar Classic, Kemper Profiling Amp, Eventide H8000

Comment

Part of the magic of JC120 cleans is the speakers Roland uses in the combos. They are quite bright and punchy compared to your average guitar speaker.
        GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Yeah, I was actually planning to run the head direct into the DAW and use the Redwires jc129 speaker impulse. This works out fantastically on my Mesa Road King.

Comment

Originally posted by Hellbat View Post
            Part of the magic of JC120 cleans is the speakers Roland uses in the combos. They are quite bright and punchy compared to your average guitar speaker.
            Ah, but Roland also made 4x12 cabs with those speakers in them for the JC120H Its a great clean amp. I have a JC120H and matching cabs. I've also played the amp through other cabs and it still sounds good.
            Too bad that one Animus got from GC was dead One of mine came from GC, used, as well however it has no issues.
            Rudy
            www.metalinc.net

Comment

Working...
            X