X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OAD Peavey Supreme 160

Old Amp Day

Craigslist find.

The Supreme 160 is basically a head version (with a bit more power) of the old Teal stripe Bandit 112. True to my form when buying amps, I went over and checked it out to make sure it worked, and it did. I get it home and it actually has a bunch of problems! So back in the car and dropped it off with Kevin at Unlce Albert's for a medical check.

For the five mins I had it working, it sounded just as good as I remember them. Why did Peavey change from that standard? Their new amps don't sound anything like as good!

i am not sure why peavey changed their standard. their old stuff was awesome. some of the stuff from the 70's is ugly, but man it works and sounds great.
    GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

Love old Peaveys, great amps!
      Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Originally posted by bratfink View Post
        Old Amp Day

Craigslist find.

The Supreme 160 is basically a head version (with a bit more power) of the old Teal stripe Bandit 112. True to my form when buying amps, I went over and checked it out to make sure it worked, and it did. I get it home and it actually has a bunch of problems! So back in the car and dropped it off with Kevin at Unlce Albert's for a medical check.

For the five mins I had it working, it sounded just as good as I remember them. Why did Peavey change from that standard? Their new amps don't sound anything like as good!
        All their new SS amps are made in China, along with the Valveking tube amps. That probably has something to do with it.
        Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Working...
        X