Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NAD - modded Randall module (Dumble inspired)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NAD - modded Randall module (Dumble inspired)

It's a Jaded Faith OD Special. From Rob's site:

"This mod is an extremely original tone built on a clean module PCB and inspired by the boutique tone of a Dumble OverDrive Special. It is a gorgeous mid-gain tone that is unlike anything else previously offered in a mod before. It has a warm singing tone that has loads of touch sensitivity and a unique urgency to the notes. The Gain Boost switch restructures the gain for more bloom and sustain. The Mid switch provides the Jazz and Rock voicings made famous by the original. Finally, a Deep switch adds additional thump and depth to the tone."

Wonderful mod. Wish I had some Robben Ford-like chops to do it justice. But it has satisfied my desire for low/mid-gain tone. Check out the link above for sound clips. Amazing that this thing is built on a clean module - it has plenty of gain on tap.
    Hail yesterday

If I got a Randall, I think I'd spend all my time making modules instead of playing

Comment

thats an awesome module. I am looking into some new ones for my RM100. I have been running stock modules for 5 years.
      Blackface, Ultra and XTC

Comment

I don't think it's going to be very close to the real thing, putting down 25k is part of true Dumble experience.
        "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

Very cool! I've always wanted to check out those Randalls.
          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

If I ever had to put down 25K for an amp it better come with hookers and blow...
            GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Originally posted by Hellbat View Post
              If I ever had to put down 25K for an amp it better come with hookers and blow...
              Or.......

- hookers + 2x blow
              "Today, I shat a brown monolith ..majestic enough for gods to stand upon" BillZ aka horns666

Comment

Originally posted by Endrik View Post
                I don't think it's going to be very close to the real thing, putting down 25k is part of true Dumble experience.
                well, for the cost of a secondhand module and Rob's excellent mod work, it's close enough for me
                Hail yesterday

Comment

Originally posted by DonP View Post
                  If I got a Randall, I think I'd spend all my time making modules instead of playing
                  Do it... Chicken..!!

I love my modded modules. And my stock 1086 and KH1. I've never heard a Dumble.. What kind of sound is it?
                  Every man dies... Not every man really lives!!

Comment

here's a real one

Hail yesterday

Comment

I'm sure they are nice amps, but $25k? LOL!

Comment

Originally posted by VitaminG View Post
                        here's a real one

Video
                        "...and here's my limited, handbuilt $25K Dumble with a $100 cheapass, mass-produced Marshall/Celestion 1x12"
                        "There's nothing taking away from the pure masculinity I possess"

-"You like Anime"

"....crap!"

Comment

Originally posted by jgcable View Post
                          thats an awesome module. I am looking into some new ones for my RM100. I have been running stock modules for 5 years.
                          Blackface, Ultra and XTC
                          These modules are like an addiction. The RM100 makes you want to try out all of them although 90% of the time the XTC and Blackface are enough to cover what I do for distortion and clean tones. The other modules are a bonus.
                          This Dumble ODS module is interesting though. I'll have to take a listen to the clips when I'm not replying from my cell phone. Listening to Dumble tone through a cell phone should do it justice, yeah right!
                          Rudy
                          www.metalinc.net

Comment

I'm in the process of getting the ODS mod too.

Comment

Originally posted by The Rossness View Post
                              I'm in the process of getting the ODS mod too.
                              Argyle faceplate would look amazing!!
                              Every man dies... Not every man really lives!!

Comment

Working...
                              X