Hey jgcable... Legacy 3 mini amp!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey jgcable... Legacy 3 mini amp!

John, check this out. You should get one!
    The Kiesel Guitars Custom Shop makes pro quality guitars, basses, pickups and accessories for musicians of all levels. Made in the USA, ...
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Originally posted by toejam View Post
    John, check this out. You should get one!
    http://www.carvinguitars.com/product...?product=VL300
    HTTP 404 - Signature Not Found

Comment

You got me on that bro. I want one. NOW....

Comment

I knew you would! I know you were a fan of the original Legacy.

Comment

I preordered mine when they made the announcement. That thing sounds kick ass. It clearly works well with the Axe-FX II. I'm looking forward to trying this combination out.
          I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

Nice. Would love to hear your review when you get it, Tim!

Comment

oh damn i want one too! i love the legacy. sold it before we moved across the country. i have a rm22 randall that i wish sounded like the legacy ha but the xtc module is as close as i have found to the tone..

Comment

Originally posted by Firebird V View Post
                oh damn i want one too! i love the legacy. sold it before we moved across the country. i have a rm22 randall that i wish sounded like the legacy ha but the xtc module is as close as i have found to the tone..
                Me too Chris. I had a Legacy that I loved, sold it like an idiot and I use the Randall RM100 XTC module which is pretty darn close.

Comment

My local GC has a Legacy. I've never played one, nor thought anything of them. Seeing all the love here, I may just have to plug it in next time I'm there.
                  "Today, I shat a brown monolith ..majestic enough for gods to stand upon" BillZ aka horns666

Comment

I saw a Legacy combo in a shop locally.
                    Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Well I guess I'm the third dumbass in this thread to have foolishly sold a Legacy.

The new ones do look pretty kickass...can't wait to hear one. Tim...could you post clips when yours arrives please?

Comment

i was watching the demo on the carvin site and my wife says:

"that sounds really good. why don't you get one?"

i am seriously considering it. it seems that it will do everything i want, plus i can rack mount it...
                        GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

It is the best sounding amp demo I've heard in a long time. I always liked the Legacy I that I had. It sounded a lot like some of the tones I can pull out of my Ecstasy. The Legacy I was a fairly dark sounding amp - it wasn't muddy but it wouldn't be the best choice for twang
                          I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

Originally posted by hippietim View Post
                            It is the best sounding amp demo I've heard in a long time. I always liked the Legacy I that I had. It sounded a lot like some of the tones I can pull out of my Ecstasy. The Legacy I was a fairly dark sounding amp - it wasn't muddy but it wouldn't be the best choice for twang
                            Me too Tim, that demo is outstanding. Every channel sounds great. That may be my next amp and because its 100w I could use it live too.

Comment

what i am finding attractive, aside from the sound - and i agree, all 3 channels sound great - is that it is MIDI controlled and rack mountable. the biggest issue i have with my current rig is that it is A LOT to wire up and having the multiple controllers is a pain. with this amp, i could just use my MIDI controller and switch channels/effects patches through programs. plus, having it all rackmounted would make for a quicker set-up/tear down time on stage. the V3M would be cool except it uses EL84 tubes, which just don't give the tightness at the volume that i play. the legacy 3 has EL34 tubes, so it will sound "right" to me.....

i was thinking of selling my PRS since i never play it....now i am even more tempted!!!!
                              GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X