Eminence Speaker ID

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eminence Speaker ID

I have 4 Eminence speakers that I'm not positive on what model they are. They look just like Legends. The model is GBE12406-8 (possibly GBE1240G-8). They have a white label around the magnets that have "GBE12406-6 121100 8ohm and serial numbers". Legends have a GB, 1258, etc. part numbers. Nearest I can find is the OEM Eminence speakers in the Genz Benz G-Flex cabs GBE 1240-V75. But I've had these since 1995 and they came in my used Carvin cab that was originally Celestions. Those GB cabs weren't around then. Anyone have an idea on what these are? Wattage, etc..?

Every man dies... Not every man really lives!!

I may have found it.. Legend 121 (1218) maybe??

Comment

according to the FAQ, all their speakers prior to 2000 were made as OEM components for other companies. The spec number on your label says they were made in '93. Someone may have pulled them out of another OEM cabinet to drop into the Carvin cab?

Eminence Speaker is America's premier manufacturer of guitar speakers, bass speakers, and professional audio loudspeakers since 1966.
      Hail yesterday

Comment

I could use those.
        Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Thanks VitaminG. I didn't see that before. Good to know. I wonder if they could be from a Genz Benz cab in 93/94 area then. I did find a place in Australia that sells recone kits for Eminence 121000 models http://www.qsr.net.au/product_info.p...oducts_id=1022 Run down there for me!! lol..

Straycat - I may have 2 available one of these days.. Thinking about trading or selling for another G12T-75.

Comment

Sorry to necrobump this thread,, but I came across it while doing some Google searching on one of my old cabs.

It is a fuzzy carpet covered Genz Benz GB412SL,and I can't find shit out about it.
            :dunno:

It's not listed on the Genz Benz page in their discontinued products or anything. The closest they show is a TB412SL for the tribal cabs. It looks like a G-flex without the ports.

A Bud of mine bought it around 95, and I traded for it a number of years ago. it has sat in the band room of one of my projects for about 4 years, and I brought it home tonight, and was curious about it and started looking it up and cant really find out anything about it. i was curious about what speakers were in it so I opened up the handle and snapped a few pics.

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v57/moshwitz/Genz/

The numbers on mine are similar to yours,

and going by the FAQ posted mine are from 95. So I would guess yours were indeed orig. in one of the Genz Benz Cabs from that time. what the G is in your model,,I have no Idea,, I was perhaps thinking that it was maybe a specially voiced one for the G-flex cabs,,but I'm not sure when they started making them,,as I was thinking the cabs like mine predated the G-flex models.

any new info?

MOSHON
            DAVE
            "It's because the speed of light is superior to the speed of sound that so many people look shiny before they actually sound stupid"

"All pleasure comes at someone Else's expense"

The internet is where, The men are men, the women are men, and the children are FBI agents.

Comment

I contacted Eminence about it and got an e-mail back about them. The 121100 number that is on mine (and yours as well) seemed to be the number they went by. Here's what I got from them.

121100 was a custom designed OEM speaker that we manufactured to one of our customer's specifications. It is an 8 ohm speaker with a 1.75" voice coil and a 38 oz ceramic magnet. We do not rate OEM designs (that is left up to the customer to test and rate their cabinet or amp), but a conservative thermal power rating based on the voice coil diameter would be about 75 watts. Here are the T/S parameters: 05-RE OHMS 6.23 13-FS HZ 79.25 06-LE MH .64 14-MMS GMS 26.30 07-QM 8.92 15-CMS mm/N .1533 08-QE .580 16-RMS NS/M 1.4686 09-QT .540 17-VAS LTRS 58.12 10-XMAX MM .90 18-SD SCM 519.45 11-BL TM 11.91 19-EBP 137.8 12-EFF % 4.85 20-SPL dB 98.9
              Hope that helps..

Comment

I did some speaker swapping with what I have on hand and can give a better opinion on these now. Made a new thread for it but MOSHWITZ, I'd really like to hear your opinion of these Eminences if you get a chance.

Comment

Working...
                X