Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sound City amp

72-73 Dallas Arbiter made in the UK.
    6 EL 34's and tons of raw British tone.Nice cleans and drive out the wazoo.

Really? well screw Mark Twain.

wow, that's a cool old one. How's it sound?
    Hail yesterday

Comment

Still tweaking it but so far great cleans and loves OD pedals.
      Loud as hell but crank the vol down and hit on OD pedal and sounds good.
      Typical British tone for the most part which is why I bought it.
      The tone controls are active and run off the vol so kind of like a gain control for each tone.I'll get it dialed in and find the sweet spot.
      Been reading up on these and they are quite collectable it looks like.
      More like a vintage Hiwatt as far as construction goes but I love Hiwatts so thats another reason to get it.
      May get a choke mod for it to take the hum out but thats the only mod I would do to it.
      Really great sounding amp.Looking at a 50 watter too just to have one.
      Getting the 4X12 cab for this one in a few weeks which is cool can't wait to see how it sounds.

Comment

I tried my Marshall powerbrake and no need for an OD pedal at all really sweet driven tone.
        Amp on 7 and powerbrake about 3 clicks from the min setting and wow the sweet spot! gritty ,gnarley and pretty much awesome.

Comment

I gigged with that exact head running through a full stack or RED Marshall 1960 cabs that came from the Buddy Miles Band tour.
          I used that rig from around 1980 to around 1984. In front I had an MXR Distortion + and a MXR Phase 90.

Its exactly the same as the Hiwatt version. Exact.

Really powerful, really loud, lots of body, very full sounding and takes pedals really well.
          The build quality is outstanding. Its one heavy sucker too.

Thats a great amp. I was so tempted to remove the Sound City logo and put a Hiwatt logo on there. I never did but I wanted to.
          Very very cool!

Comment

sweet!!!! i have one of those or a hiwatt on my list....i am still too much into vintage fenders to buy one, but one of these days i will!!
            GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

My friend who is a tech just got one of these in his shop for repair. I'll get to see what the inside looks like and if its repairable, eventually hear it The amp was given to a friend in non-working condition so we'll see whats up with it.
              Rudy
              www.metalinc.net

Comment

Cool keep us posted please.

Comment

I wasn't there at the shop last night but my friend texted me and sent a couple cell phone pix. He sent me a shot of the Dallas Arbiter sticker as well as the tubes which are the factory Mullards in it. He found one cap that was replaced at some point. We'll see after he gets it running again. He has no symptoms to go by other than it arrived to him DOA.
                  Rudy
                  www.metalinc.net

Comment

Snagged the 4X12 for it today original Eminence speakers with the Sound City stickers on the square magnets.
                    Nice to have a vintage 1/2 stack now.

Comment

Kick ass!!!
                      GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

Paired them up and gave it a work out.Kicks ass!

Comment

Insane!

Comment

that is a very cool vintage 1/2 stack to have! Now... go start a The Who Tribute band!!!!

Either that or get a Telecaster and crank it up.

Comment

A Tele does sound great thru this amp

Comment

Working...
                              X