NAD tomorrow!!!! WOOT WOOT WOOT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by markD View Post
    indeed. the MKIV was great in the studio, but i always sounded like carlos santana!! it was hard to deal with because you read about all these metal guys using the MKIV. well, i HATE the mega scoop. i prefer my tones in the hot rodded marshall territory. the boogie was a VERY expensive piece of furniture. i held on to it for years just to say i had one....

the nomad 100 is how i imagined the MKIV would be. it has clean, crunch and searing lead channels, the graphic (which i do NOT set to the smiley face scoop), 3 reverbs....it is a killer amp. still on the fence about whether i should have gotten the head instead of the 2x12 combo, but i did get it mostly as a studio amp with the idea of using it when we do play small stages....

too bad about the studio 22. ever try a DC series amp? i had a DC-5 that i liked once - kinda thought of it as a poor man's MKIV...in hind-sight i should have kept it!!!!
    Yea, I jammed out of a DC-5 once. Much closer to the tone and gain structure I like. I also tried an F50 and liked that alot.
    This is my 3rd Studio 22. I owned a Studio 22, a Studio 22+ with the EQ and this one with the extra Lead Master control to make it easy to balance the 2 channels. It happens everytime. I GAS for one, I get it and after a few weeks I am looking to send it packing. About a year or 2 later I get the urge to get one again and the same thing happens.
    The Stiletto has a realy nice tone and gain structure. I also had a Mark III Purple Stripe short head that ripped bigtime. Had several Rectifiers too. Maybe I should just pick up a new module for my Randall RM100.

Comment

DC-5 is a killer 50watter. The EQ lets you dial in a wide variety of tones. I even used the clean channel, gain pulled out and a Boss SD-1 and it gave it more of JCM800'is vibe. Great amp and great bang for the buck if ya ask me. You've seen this one before, I still have ans use it with a Mesa 3/4 back widebody 1x12
      DC5medium.JPG
      shawnlutz.com

Comment

Good info here! Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by roodyrocker View Post
          At the risk of over-generalization, when you guys mention Marshalls, I think what you're missing is Marshall's upper mid range for live use. I think that mid range is what we all hear as a loud Marshall that cuts through the mix. I know my Rhoads Marshall is like that. It's not the amp with the most gain but I swear it gives the impression that it's by far the loudest of my amps. It never truly gets lost in a mix either.

Absolutely. These are facts!
          "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
          Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Originally posted by horns666 View Post
            Absolutely. These are facts!
            And there you have it, the Supreme Court of Music has agreed with me, once again
            Rudy
            www.metalinc.net

Comment

Originally posted by jgcable View Post
              The Stiletto has a realy nice tone and gain structure. I also had a Mark III Purple Stripe short head that ripped bigtime. Had several Rectifiers too. Maybe I should just pick up a new module for my Randall RM100.
              I hear really good things about Jaded Faith's MarkX module. He has donors in stock now too, so for $300 you could have Mark series tone in your RM100
              Hail yesterday

Comment

Working...
              X