Bought a Boss MT2 pedal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bought a Boss MT2 pedal

So far, I've only had time to put it in the loop of my GT-10. I did manage to match the Metal Zone sim on the GT-10 to sound exactly like the real pedal, though I found the pedal more editable in that it was easier to get more different sounds. I will test it in front of the GT-10 and my amps later.
    Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

I've used one for ages now. Obviously you can get tons of distortion but I think the tone controls are its best feature.

Comment

I almost picked up a Keeley modded one Friday, but ended up grabbing a Wampler SLOstortion instead.
      GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

I had a modded MT2 and wish I would have kept it. It was more versatile than I expected.

In fact I wish I had all my old pedals back from the beginning of time. Why do we bother getting rid of pedals? They don't take up space like an amp yet we're all guilty of unloading them. I haven't met anyone who got rich off of selling their stompboxes.

Comment

I've got a Monte Allums modded MT2 and think it sounds great. I love the parametric tone controls.
          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Had the Analogman mod done to mine and it was a big improvement.

Comment

I've been getting a sweet sweet tone with my stock one for about 15 years now. No fizz, but lots of sizzle. Works perfect with my JCM800 but my VM doesn't like it.

Comment

I had an Metal Zone and it was unruly as hell. Sounded like a buzz saw. IMO
                "I would have banned you for taking part in hijacking and derailing a thread when you could have started your own thread about your own topic." - Unknown

Comment

Originally posted by Hellbat View Post
                  I almost picked up a Keeley modded one Friday, but ended up grabbing a Wampler SLOstortion instead.
                  I sent mine a few years back to Robert Keeley for the mod......love it.

Still partial to my 80s HM-2 though.
                  Jackson KV2
                  Jackson KE1T
                  Jackson KE1F
                  Jackson SL1

Comment

I picked up a new MT2 about a month ago. Seems a bunch of people bash it, but I love the various distortion sounds its capable of producing. I play a lot of Dokken, Ozzy, Greg Howe and get a great thumping driving rhythm low end and can tweak higher gain for leads. Very versatile pedal.

Comment

I was trying out more Boss pedals today, and I've already got my eyes (or rather ears) on the Metal Core. They sound so musical, even when the staff member was using an EMG-equipped Schecter and a small solid state Randall amp (dunno which, but I gotta find out cuz it sounds good!). I also stumbled across an Eventide Pitchfactor in another shop, but there was no opprtunity to demo it.
                      Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Metal Core pedal ordered
                        Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

Comment

Nice. Let us know how that compares to the MZ.
                          "I would have banned you for taking part in hijacking and derailing a thread when you could have started your own thread about your own topic." - Unknown

Comment

ML-2 sounds like a MT-2 without sweepable mids. Both are daisy chained in the Boss GT-10's loop at the mo.
                            Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

Comment

Working...
                            X