Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NAD!!! RIVERA content!!!

Minty fresh Rivera R100-212. Better known as the Hundred Duo Twelve

2 channels, boost on both channels, insanely loud and insanely good. Been messing with it for a while, can't find a single bad tone. Clean excellent, midrange honk excellent, high gain tones excellent. Came with the 3 button footswitch and an amp cover. Its in absolutely flawless condition.2 12" Celestion 85 watt speakers. I got it from the original owner. He told me he paid $2K for it.

Oh yea, great reverb. Its not overpowering like a Fender. On different settings it sounds like a Marshall clean, a Fender Blackface, a high gain Marshall JCM800 and even a little Soldano mixed in.

This is the first time I ever played through any Rivera. Now I know what everybody is ranting and raving over. Didn't expect to get something like this but when I put my Mesa Studio 22 Plus up on Craigslist for sale or trade I got numerous offers and this guy emailed me with the Rivera. He has been looking for an original Studio 22 Plus and he never saw a matching cab for one. He had this Rivera that he hasn't been using and offered me a straight up trade.

Here is a pic...

[IMG][/IMG]

Damn good score !!!!!!
    Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

That will cause some intimidation at the blues jams!
      GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

ironically enough, vince gill endorsed this amp for years - well, for its entire run!! blues guys know rivera well - chris durate had a sig model.....

great trade!!!
        GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

Great trade, indeed! Riveras are sweet.
          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Nice score!!

Comment

Yea, it appears that this amp is used in all kinds of genre's of music. Jazz, country, blues, rock and metal. It certainly has enough features and gain to do anything. The footswitchable boost on the gain channel and the footswitchable ninja boost on the clean channel are incredible.
              Perfect boost for solo's or fills. The boost on channel 1 add the perfect amount of gain and EQ shift and volume for shredfests. The Ninja boost takes the amp from a clean Marshall tone to a Fender Blackface. There is also a notch switch which brings the amp to a VOX type clean tone. Also, having a loop with pots for both the send and return make dialing in an effects processor super easy and they allow you to get the perfect setting.
              4 EL34', 5 12AX7A's and 2 12" Celestion G12T-85's.

I am trying to figure out what popular amps this Rivera reminds me of considering I have owned many many amps.
              I would say the clean is similar to a Marshall Plexi and with the Ninja boost its similar to a Fender Blackface thats slightly pushed.

The lead/rhythm channel reminds me of a high gain modded JCM800 and with the boost its similar to a Soldano SLO100.

Comment

Is it me?
                Or is it a new amp every other day?
                Cool.
                Score.

Comment

Originally posted by Cygnus X1 View Post
                  Is it me?
                  Or is it a new amp every other day?
                  Cool.
                  Score.

I have my core amps that always stay with me but all the other amps come and go.
                  I brought the Rivera to band practice friday night. 1st of all.. this mutha is as heavy as a 5150 combo. Holy crap.
                  Anyway, this could quite possibly be the best overall sounding amp I have ever owned. The clean and pushed clean are outstanding.
                  The lead channel is perfection. It can be anything you want. Blues, classic rock, rock, metal and even with the gain dialed all the way up and the boost engaged guitar chords are clear, articulate and you can hear every string. Its perfect. Even with the gain on 10 its completely silent. You wouldn't even know its on. I can't believe that more players don't use Rivera amps. Now I know what MarkD is talking about.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
                    Great trade, indeed! Riveras are sweet.
                    Hey Joe, have you ever played through one? This one is just blowing me away!

Comment

Originally posted by Hellbat View Post
                      That will cause some intimidation at the blues jams!
                      Yea, unless I can hire some roadies for blues night this amp is staying at my rehearsal space! This sucka is HEAVY.

Comment

Originally posted by jgcable View Post
                        I have my core amps that always stay with me but all the other amps come and go.
                        I brought the Rivera to band practice friday night. 1st of all.. this mutha is as heavy as a 5150 combo. Holy crap.
                        Anyway, this could quite possibly be the best overall sounding amp I have ever owned. The clean and pushed clean are outstanding.
                        The lead channel is perfection. It can be anything you want. Blues, classic rock, rock, metal and even with the gain dialed all the way up and the boost engaged guitar chords are clear, articulate and you can hear every string. Its perfect. Even with the gain on 10 its completely silent. You wouldn't even know its on. I can't believe that more players don't use Rivera amps. Now I know what MarkD is talking about.
                        hahaha, cool!! somebody listened!!

yeah, the combos are HEAVY. my 1X12 M100 is about 90lbs....ugh. i agree about the chord clarity. since i am the only guitarist in my band i use a lot of open chord and open chord fragments for accents. everything stays tight and clear, and the note articulation is perfect. glad you are digging the amp. like i said, i will be surprised to see this one in the classifieds.
                        GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by jgcable View Post
                          Hey Joe, have you ever played through one? This one is just blowing me away!
                          I've never played through one, but I knew of someone that had one once. I also remember Skid Row and Saigon Kick using them. Always heard great things about them.
                          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I think you came out on top on that trade. Nice score!
                            shawnlutz.com

Comment

Thanks everybody. I did some research on Rivera. Cool company. Lots of pro's use Rivera. Some of my favorites actually.
                              This amp has the guitar tone that instantly gets your attention. Its kind of like when I was at Daytona Bike Week there was a band playing really loud outside. The guitar player had 2 full stacks of Marshall cabs with a Triple Rectifier sitting on top and he was playing extremely loud. It sounded so good it was almost a religious experience. The way that amp sounded through those cabs was incredible.
                              I once saw a local band with one of the guitar players playing out of a Frayette VHT and a VHT bottom. Again, the guitar tone was so good it got your attention if you are a guitar player. I felt that same way seeing Rascal Flatts. The guitar player was playing Bogner 101B's. Maybe the best live guitar tone I have ever heard. Thats how this Rivera is. Just plug straight in, dial up a little reverb for ambience and have at it. Perfect guitar tone.

Comment

Working...
                              X