4 cheap pedal reviews

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4 cheap pedal reviews

Digitech Grunge. Great for metal. Lots of tones can be dialed in. IMHO, its almost like a Metal Zone but not as thin.
    Boss DS-1. The industry standard for a reason. Throw it in front of a clean amp and you can do classic and hard rock all day long
    Danelectro Echo. Excellent sounding slap back echo. You can dial in just the right amount to almost sound like large hall reverb. Great for surf. Plastic so I am sure it wouldn't hold up very good at a gig.
    Digitech Eric Clapton Crossroads. 4 modes. From the early Sunshine of your Love tone right up to the newer stuff. The standout mode is the acoustic Layla Unplugged tone. Perfect amount of reverb mixed with a very nice acoustic simulator. Lots of guys bash this pedal. I am convinced they don't know how to dial it in because I can't get a bad sound out of any of the 4 modes. Its discontinued from Digitech. It sounds so good its on my pedalboard now for the acoustic tone.

So were the pedals cheap, or just the reviews?
    HTTP 404 - Signature Not Found

Comment

I got them all for $70.00 including some patch cords. The pedal I am the most impressed with is probably the Grunge pedal. You can get some serious heavy gain out of that pedal. Grunge is the wrong word for it. Its a metal pedal all the way.
      I wanted the Crossroads pedal for the acoustic simulator. It sounds really good. It also does a very convincing woman tone which is a fuzz with a wah pedal in the 1/2 way position. My band does Sunshine of your Love the second mode will be perfect for it. I am pretty sure its some sort of modeling pedal.

Comment

My first rig consisted of a DOD Grunge pedal and a Peavey Blazer 158. Good memories. It was a good pedal. The best distortion pedal out there in my opinion is the Line6 Uber Metal, but that is neither here nor there.
        HTTP 404 - Signature Not Found

Comment

I have a Grunge pedal and love it. Also an ART Xtreme and a ROSS distortion that gooses an amp's natural drive just so! I bought the Grunge and a 505 II together for $35 and sold the 505 II for $50 so I got paid to own it. I dig the sound of it too!
          Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Update.... I took the Digitech Grunge pedal to my studio and plugged it straight into the mixing board. This pedal has 2 outputs, one for a guitar amp and one that has cabinet modeling for a mixer. It sounds fantastic plugged straight into the board. I tried the same thing with the Digitech Crossroads pedal because it has the same output features. Again, it sounds great.
            Go figure.

Comment

I had a grunge pedal. I hated it.:think:

Comment

Working...
              X