Mixing the old and the new FX units...hope it works

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mixing the old and the new FX units...hope it works

Well, I just figured that my Line 6 HD 500 could use some help from my good old Digitech 2120. Since both are programable from the PC (need to able to control both units at the same time) maybe I can get some good sound from the lot. The idea is that since the 2120 is a preamp, it will be connected via FX Loop at the start of chain and try with different amp models and see if I can something worth out of it. I don't think the FX chain of the 2120 would be of any use since I don't like having the delays or reverbs in front of the amps, but I'll see how it goes. The tubes or the solid state distortion can be very good, away from the digital signal of the HD. The 2120 has too many EQ's, at least my presets are built that way, so I've tweaking a lot since I started this morning.
    So far I've only tested the sound with direct connection to the audio interfase and monitors, I'll trying to get my self a 110/220 transformer so that the sound goes through my power amp instead.

If anything worth mentioning comes out of this (and I really hope it does) I'll post the results.
Working...
X