Diezel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Diezel

Hey guys, I was wondering if anyone has experience with Diezel Amps. I have sworn by Blackstar for the past couple years, but I am really interested in Diezel. I guess I'm asking is it worth it to spend 4k+ on a Diezel?

Yes. Next question.
    I like EL34s.

Comment

That..or try an Uberschall.
      "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
      Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Yes, its always worth it to spend 4K + on an amp head. For high gain... Deizel or Bogner. For low gain, Dumble, Cornford or Matchless.

Comment

The question is kind of funny though. Let me ask the same question but in car terms:

Murciélago

Hey guys, I was wondering if anyone has experience with Lamborgini's? I have sworn by a Chevy Cobalt for the past couple years, but I am really interested in a Murcielago. I guess I'm asking is it worth it to spend $185K+ on a Lamborgini?

Comment

Yes. Next question.
            Hail yesterday

Comment

Once I was out of town and stopped at a music store that carried a few different kinds if high end amps. Stuff like Diezel, 65 Amps, Bogner, etc... I already own a Bogner Uberschall but wanted to play through those other amps. I played through a couple different Diezels and they sounded good. But to me the Uberschall sounds even better and it's not $4K new! If you're willing to consider used you can buy an Uberschall or a Diezel for a lot less than new.
              Rudy
              www.metalinc.net

Comment

Originally posted by jgcable View Post
                The question is kind of funny though. Let me ask the same question but in car terms:

Murciélago

Hey guys, I was wondering if anyone has experience with Lamborgini's? I have sworn by a Chevy Cobalt for the past couple years, but I am really interested in a Murcielago. I guess I'm asking is it worth it to spend $185K+ on a Lamborgini?
                I know Diezel and Lamborghini go hand in hand, but I don't think a Chevy Cobalt is comparable to a Blackstar, maybe a Corvette.

Comment

I really like the Diezel VH4. The new Hagen was a bit too dark when I played it. Brand new they are $$$$. Even used they can be expensive. Lately I have been seeing some used ones from 2500-3000, not cheap but also not 4k.

Comment

Are you in a position to crank the fuck out of it?

For $4K, its probably not ideal for a dorm room or apartment.
                    Jackson KV2
                    Jackson KE1T
                    Jackson KE1F
                    Jackson SL1

Comment

i had a herbert for a while .. got an interesting offer on it so i sold, picked up a cameron modded uberschall i haven't looked at or thought about a new amp since .. with that said is it worth spending 4k on an amp .. has a ton of options and you can get some sick sounds out of it .. .. but there is other stuff out there ...
                      Last edited by dulrich1227; 03-05-2012, 05:55 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Larz View Post
                        Are you in a position to crank the fuck out of it?

For $4K, its probably not ideal for a dorm room or apartment.
                        Most of the time I crank the hell out of my amp, but sometimes I use a power attenuator.

Comment

I have a VH4, and it's an awesome amp. Channel 3 is one of the best overdrive channels I have ever heard. Amp sounds good at bedroom levels, but especially good when cranked. Also sounds best thru a Diezel cab. I've also heard good things about the Hagan and Herbert, but have never played one.

One item of concern...I don't believe there is a Diezel service center in the US anymore. That means if you need warranty work, it has to be shipped to Germany. Just something to consider when buying.

Comment

Well, since you guys keep pointing out the Lamborghini thing I just thought I'd mention that I know many "lowly" Mustangs and Camaros that would eat up said Lambo and spit it out with no problem. Just sayin' you can go very fast without spending Lambo type money. Same applies to amps.
                            The Diezels I've tried out sounded good but they did not sound $4K good to me. I'd much rather have an Ubershall for $2700ish new/1800ish used.
                            Rudy
                            www.metalinc.net

Comment

Originally posted by roodyrocker View Post
                              Well, since you guys keep pointing out the Lamborghini thing I just thought I'd mention that I know many "lowly" Mustangs and Camaros that would eat up said Lambo and spit it out with no problem. Just sayin' you can go very fast without spending Lambo type money. Same applies to amps.
                              The Diezels I've tried out sounded good but they did not sound $4K good to me. I'd much rather have an Ubershall for $2700ish new/1800ish used.

The VH4 in a mix though... My god...
                              I like EL34s.

Comment

Working...
                              X