Looking for a new amp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for a new amp

Just have a few questions about the best route to go.

Unfortunately I had to sell my ENGL Powerball about a year and a half ago due to being in between jobs. I'm in a better situation at this point and will be buying a new amp soon. I have a Diezel 4x12, and I've been making do with using a PODxt as a preamp through a PA power amp into my cab.

I'm looking to stay around or under $1000 for a head. I played a 6505+ head recently and am looking at going that route. I'm also considering the 6505+ 1x12 combo since it is significantly cheaper, and just running it through my 4x12 for band practices.

I haven't been able to find anywhere that has the 1x12 6505+ to try it out. Are there any major tone differences? I know it is 60W instead of 120, but I figure 60w will be plenty. I used to have a Mesa Single Rec (50W) and that was plenty loud enough.

I'd also like to try a 6534+ but again, having a difficult time finding one to try. I play metal primarily and many of my favorite bands (Arch Enemy, Machine Head, In Flames, Daath, Chimaira) use or have used 5150/6505's at some point. I'd love to get an ENGL again, but they are out of my price range.

Is there anything else I should be looking at?

Hey Electric,

Sounds like you have your heart set on a Peavey. Those are pretty good and very affordable. I might suggest an RM100 since those seem pretty popular.

Congrats on getting things turned around.

Your neighbor a few miles to the south.

Comment

A used Fireball won't be far off if you want ENGL
      I like EL34s.

Comment

Working...
      X