Mesa Triple feedback

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mesa Triple feedback

Hi guyHaven't been here for a while as was building my bike, bought my first house, split with gf after 8 years and so on haha. Now, bought meself a mesa triple and experience a lot of feedback even when its not cranked up that much. Got my RR24, quality cables and third channeds master all the way up but amps master (output? - at work now so not sure how its called) barely turned up. When I do the other way - channel barely up and amp master half way - its lot better but the sound is not what I'm after.Can anybody please help me on this one as rehearsing is very frustrating with loads of feedback.Much appreciatedZiggy

try turning the channel master down so you can turn the output master up without blowing your eardrums out. if you still get feedback, then try a ISP decimator in the loop.
    "clean sounds are for pussies" - Axewielder

Comment

Isp or ns2 is mandatory if you like high gain. Other than that, dont stand close to your amp

You shouldnt need the channel up past 4 or 5. I had my gain at 6, channel at 5 and the main at about 5 for playing out.
      Last edited by jdr94; 03-20-2012, 05:41 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jdr94 View Post
        Isp or ns2 is mandatory if you like high gain. Other than that, dont stand close to your amp

You shouldnt need the channel up past 4 or 5. I had my gain at 6, channel at 5 and the main at about 5 for playing out.
        I run an NS2 in front of my amps, and a ISP in the loop. works like a fuckin charm.
        "clean sounds are for pussies" - Axewielder

Comment

Thanks guys for replies, will try it asap. Will I need anything else if I want to put a od pedal (maxon od808 or zakk wylde one) infront of the amp? Also, if I will get them three ns2, isp and od - what order do I need them to be in?

Comment

Ive never needed more than the nst. I went gtr>ns2>od>input. Ive been told the ns2 works best in the loop, but I got what I needed the way I had it set up. Using both ns2 and isp seems a bit overkill in my opinion,but to each their own. Whatever works

Comment

Well, will buy them two and see whats what. If anything I can always return it to the shop. Thanks JDR

Comment

Forgot to say, noticed it few days ago - 3 right tubes dont glow as brightly as left 6. Can this be related with my issue in any way? If not, is it something I should be worried about or is it normal?
                Thanks

Comment

Yes that could def be the issue

Comment

Sorry forgot the pics

Any solutions? New set of tubes? Or can I get just them three changed?

Sorry for all my noob questions but thats my first big amp and I have no idea whats what

Comment

Always get matched pairs. Iirc mesas go in to out so 1&6, 2 &5, 3&4 are paired together. The manual should tell you that or mesas site should have a pdf you can download.

Comment

So theres nothing wrong with last 3 tubes then (them 3 to the right when looking at the back of amp)? Do you recomment changing tubes 1 to 6 rather then them last 3? Isn't it something unsual that they glow less brightly then other 6?

Comment

You could get an ISP G-String and do front of amp and loop in one pedal/rack space. If it's a squeal versus a howl, it could be the pickup( s ) being microphonic as well. Even though it should be potted and fairly immune to it, the Jazz neck pickup in my RR1T squeals like crazy at high gain settings.
                          GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Really considering taking it to the shop now as I don't want to srew something up. Pretty sure its amps fault although got to try my RR24 on amps to see how it acts.

But still well concern about rectifiers tubes barely glowing. Can somebody please confirm whether its a usual thing or somethings not right.

Also, some tube sets/kits for metal/rock etc - are they any good or is it better to get oem ones?

Comment

Originally posted by zbych View Post
                              Really considering taking it to the shop now as I don't want to srew something up. Pretty sure its amps fault although got to try my RR24 on amps to see how it acts.

But still well concern about rectifiers tubes barely glowing. Can somebody please confirm whether its a usual thing or somethings not right.

Also, some tube sets/kits for metal/rock etc - are they any good or is it better to get oem ones?
                              I have a Dual Recto but its stored elsewhere so I can't tell you about the tubes. Although I've seen many amps with tubes glowing differently so I don't know that it tells you anything really. If you do need tube replacement, FWIW a friend of mine is an authorized Mesa service repair tech and he prefers the Mesa branded tubes.
                              Rudy
                              www.metalinc.net

Comment

Working...
                              X