vid clip of Kemper Profiling amp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vid clip of Kemper Profiling amp

Here's a video clip of my Sabbath Tribute (Electric Funeral) playing Symptoms of the Universe. I'm playing through a Kemper Profiling preamp direct to the board. Pretty crunchy, eh? I haven't taken a real amp to a gig for the last 6 times. It's pretty awesome, IMHO.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Sound is off the board and mixed and put back to video - it's 100% direct Kemper, you aren't hearing my onstage monitoring at all. (which was a first year dual recto rackmount head being used as a power amp into a oversize mesa armored cab).

Pete

Good job!

Awesome drummer!
    GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Bad ass. Great tone. That drummer is just sick.

Comment

Nice to see you around, Pete. Sounds great!
        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Nice little slab o' sabb!

Comment

Recently got a Kemper myself. Totally amazing. Actually been debating selling my amps. Never been much on modelers, even didn't care for AxeFX. THe Kemper is a quantum leap over the AxeFX imo.
            2003 Jackson SLATQH Custom (cobalt cabo), 2002 Jackson SLATQM (burnt cherry), 2011 Jackson Chris Broderick Soloist (transblack 7), 2007 SL2H (black)
            Mesa Road King, Bogner Uberkab, Mesa Lonestar Classic, Kemper Profiling Amp, Eventide H8000

Comment

Killer all around, except the singer.. He knows all the lyrics......
              Bon Jovi is like a frozen Coca Cola.. It's cool, it's crunchy, but when all is said and done it is still pop....

Comment

Originally posted by Animus View Post
                Recently got a Kemper myself. Totally amazing. Actually been debating selling my amps. Never been much on modelers, even didn't care for AxeFX. THe Kemper is a quantum leap over the AxeFX imo.
                I returned mine earlier this week. Wasn't my cup of tea. I like the Axe better, and once it gets the profiling update...well... Nothing like getting $1850 back in my pocket.

It was still pretty cool though.

Comment

Cool beans! Always nice to place a face to the name. You look like a friendly chap.

And kudos to the camera(person) who knows where to aim when the guitarist is doing solos!
                  "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

I remember seeing Pete's face in sully's Gibson LP Studio resto project. He did the rewiring. Prior to that, Pete was always a pair of disembodied hands
                    Hail yesterday

Comment

Originally posted by chrisolson View Post
                      I returned mine earlier this week. Wasn't my cup of tea. I like the Axe better, and once it gets the profiling update...well... Nothing like getting $1850 back in my pocket.

It was still pretty cool though.

Cool. Different strokes. From what I seen of the posted demos the "profiling" Axe is getting is just basically an eq match.
                      2003 Jackson SLATQH Custom (cobalt cabo), 2002 Jackson SLATQM (burnt cherry), 2011 Jackson Chris Broderick Soloist (transblack 7), 2007 SL2H (black)
                      Mesa Road King, Bogner Uberkab, Mesa Lonestar Classic, Kemper Profiling Amp, Eventide H8000

Comment

Originally posted by Animus View Post
                        Cool. Different strokes. From what I seen of the posted demos the "profiling" Axe is getting is just basically an eq match.
                        The thing about the Kemper that really kinda killed it for me was the "cab option" - the overall sound is profiled with a cab. So when you shut the cab OFF, I think there is still some kind of EQ artifact there, and I noticed it through my rig. I had to really roll back the high end and presence a lot. The Kemper would do very well as a DI tool as Pete is using it, or through some type of FRFR rig, which I do not have, nor do I really want. I like how things sound with preamp>>>power amp>>>cab.

It was otherwise a pretty neat unit with a fairly intuitive interface, and I can really appreciate that. It looked pretty cool too!

Comment

Originally posted by chrisolson View Post
                          The thing about the Kemper that really kinda killed it for me was the "cab option" - the overall sound is profiled with a cab. So when you shut the cab OFF, I think there is still some kind of EQ artifact there, and I noticed it through my rig. I had to really roll back the high end and presence a lot. The Kemper would do very well as a DI tool as Pete is using it, or through some type of FRFR rig, which I do not have, nor do I really want. I like how things sound with preamp>>>power amp>>>cab.

It was otherwise a pretty neat unit with a fairly intuitive interface, and I can really appreciate that. It looked pretty cool too!
                          Makes sense. I believe there is a way to make a preamp only profile--direct, no cab. I am going to try it with my Mesas.

Comment

Working...
                          X