NAD Marshall JMD!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NAD Marshall JMD!

I’ve been thinking on a new rig for a while. I'd just got rid of a Mesa Roadster 2x12 combo and a bunch of pedals because I decided that I wanted to go back to something more compact with built in effects, controllable volume levels and inexpensive. Mainly though I wanted it to have character and fit my style. So after getting rid of the Mesa I went on the search. There was one amp that kept popping up that I’d looked at a couple years ago when it first came out. That was the Marshall JMD. I looked at several Line 6, Traynor and some others amps as well. Ultimately though I couldn’t get the JMD out of my head. I got a Marshall JMD 50 watt head from zzounds for $499 shipped! I’m telling ya Marshall nailed it with this one! I’ve always been a big fan of a killer sounding Marshalsl and this thing delivers! It has a digital preamp that models all their best amps but has a tube phase inverter and an EL34 power section. The feel and responsiveness is what has impressed me the most. I can’t get over how you can coax this thing with your volume knob and touch of your fingers! I’ve never had that with any kind of digital amp before. The tones are definite Marshall and it pretty much nails them all! The JVM mode is freaking killer as is the Mode Four. The Mode Four is the scooped heavier stuff but it also has the DSL series, JCM 800, Haze, Plexi, Bluesbreaker and JMP. It’s also loaded with effects like delay, reverb, chorus, phaser, flanger, vibrato and a gate. The volume is extremely controllable. Plus it fit perfect on top of my custom made 2x12 cab and looks freaking killer!

Congrats. I have the combo version. The only annoying thing I find is trying to save my own presets. It tells you to hold the MIDI button down whilst pressing the CH1/2/3/4 button, but it just switches to the preset already assigned to that channel. Is it dependant on which mode the footswitch is in? I got it to work in this mode before, so I :dunno:
    Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Congrats. I played one a while back and they do really sound great for the money. $499 shipped is a great price. Not much else that can really even compete at that price.

Comment

Originally posted by wilkinsi View Post
        Congrats. I have the combo version. The only annoying thing I find is trying to save my own presets. It tells you to hold the MIDI button down whilst pressing the CH1/2/3/4 button, but it just switches to the preset already assigned to that channel. Is it dependant on which mode the footswitch is in? I got it to work in this mode before, so I :dunno:
        I haven't tried saving any presets yet. I've just left it in manual mode. Once I try saving then I'll let you know how it goes.

Comment

Wow! $499 is a steal. How'd you pull that off?

Comment

Originally posted by Bryan View Post
            Wow! $499 is a steal. How'd you pull that off?
            Last I looked they still had 1 left. It's a restock but looks like new to me.

Comment

Greenbacks don't hurt getting a great sound either lol!

Comment

Working...
              X