Need to get a flanger pedal, help.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need to get a flanger pedal, help.

I play in a cover band and some of the stuff my guys want to play have some flange on the guitar parts. Only one problem, I've never owned let alone used a flanger before. I know nothing about them. I guess my real concerns areI don't want to spend a fortune and I want something that is made good. Any ideas fellow members?
    I want to go out nice and peaceful in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming and hollering like the passengers in his car.

Have you checked out the TC Electronics Vortex? http://www.tcelectronic.com/vortex.asp

The Toneprint feature makes it a really versatile pedal. I haven't tried the flanger but I have the Flashback delay. Very cool. Not badly priced either.

I recently purged a lot of the pedals off my board & am using one of the settings on my chorus pedal with a deep slow sweep for a flange-like effect on the one song that calls for it.

I used to use a Digitech Turbo Flange. It's a decent, fairly versatile pedal. They can be found cheap and could get you by. But for the little that I needed that sound, I couldn't warrant keeping it on the board.
    Hail yesterday

Comment

I have the MXR EVH flanger on one pedal board. You can find this pedal easily new or used, not super expensive, and sounds good. If you cover VH's Unchained, which my band does, it features a button you push which puts it in instant Unchained mode
      Rudy
      www.metalinc.net

Comment

The TonePrint pedals are very cool and give you some different sound options. I'm particular to the Ibanez AF-2 but thats because I like the warm old school analog flange it can provide. Takeoff/Taxi is a fun stunt bonus that you can make people go "Whoa! How'd he make his guitar do that?"
        GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Boss BF-2 or Boss BF-3. The BF-2 is has been an industry standard forever.
          Also the DOD FX75B. Its what I use and have been using forever. It gives me anything I need in regards to the flanging effect.
          Super cheap used too.

Comment

I found a DOD FX57C on my local CL that's pretty cheap. I looked at the Ibanez AF-2 and liked it, Makes wish I had room for it on my pedal board. Thanks to all.
            I want to go out nice and peaceful in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming and hollering like the passengers in his car.

Comment

If budget is good enough, get an Eventide Modfactor. Eventide is good stuff
              Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Originally posted by tomanyjacksons View Post
                Makes wish I had room for it on my pedal board.
                Yeah, it's a big SOB that's for sure. They need to make a 'standard' size version with an added 3 way switch for VTOL/Variable/Crash modes. (VTOL would be frequency sweep up only, Variable would be the current pedal setting, and Crash would be sweep down only)

If anyone knows Paul Gilbert get him on this now!

GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Got the DOD today and got a DOD Vibrothang with it, the pair was $60. Now to learn. After band practice of course.

Comment

Takes a little time to dial in a Flanger correctly but once you got it.. you got it.

The next pedal on my list of MUST HAVES is a Dunlop Rotovibe. I want one bad. Real bad.

Comment

Homebrew's Frostbite Flanger.....
                      Jackson KV2
                      Jackson KE1T
                      Jackson KE1F
                      Jackson SL1

Comment

I use the versatile pm7 by ibanez. It does what I tell it with style and was 40 bucks off CL.

Comment

Try out the Electro Harmonix Stereo Mistress or Neo Mistress. Nice pedal and not too many $$$

Comment

I say TonePrints or EVH.

Comment

I have the EVH and must admit, its the best sounding flange I have found

Comment

Working...
                              X