Landry Eruption clip on Youtube

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Landry Eruption clip on Youtube

I can't post the link because Youtube is blocked from this computer but if any of you guys get a chance, check out this clip. The amp is called a Landry. I think the guy playing the Eruption clip has quite possibly the best Van Halen tone and technique I have ever heard. Its pretty much flawless in both execution and tone. I would be interested to hear what you guys think. I was blown away when I stumbled on it while I was on Youtube.

I think this is it

Comment

Damn. Even his right hand technique is spot on Eddie.
      "My G-Major can blow me!" - Bill

Comment

Thats one hell of an advertisement! WOW
        "I have so much gayness at times. My wife walks in my music room, and there I am, in my undies, listening to "Sister Christian" while lighting fireworks..doin' blow." - Bill Z

"I leave off the back plate and pinch my forskin between the tension springs. That may not work for everyone. But I find that the people love it. Half the tone is in the pud." - Bill Z

Comment

Damn, yes, that guy is damn good. I saw the real thing last month and he kicked ass. This was a totally different Eddie than the one I saw 5 years back. Technically, I think he's spot on while his tone is less the vintage brown and more the high gain, which has been that way since the late 80s. Here's him from February 2012:
          Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
          "Your work is ingenius…it’s quality work….and there are simply too many notes…that’s all, just cut a few, and it’ll be perfect."

Comment

Thats the best Van Halen tone I have ever heard. Even better than Van Halen.

Comment

that guy was pretty sick, this used to be my fav youtube rendition but the landry clip was pretty sick, not sure who wins.

Comment

Originally posted by petez0r View Post
                that guy was pretty sick, this used to be my fav youtube rendition but the landry clip was pretty sick, not sure who wins.

I think the Landry clip wins on tone alone. Except for the lack of a phase shifter.. its 100% perfect Van Halen tone.

Comment

for tone i agree with you completely, but i was talking more about the rendition.

Comment

Originally posted by jgcable View Post
                    I think the Landry clip wins on tone alone. Except for the lack of a phase shifter.. its 100% perfect Van Halen tone.
                    no doubt. Landry tone was great....I couldnt stomach the tone o that guys although the playing was good.
                    shawnlutz.com

Comment

Working...
                    X