Take me back to the 80's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Take me back to the 80's

Hey guys... I really really need to get an authentic 80's hair metal tone for my current project in putting together, and my 6505+ won't get me there... Or at least that's what I've been told. Im a big Ratt fan so anything close to warrens tone on invasion is good. Throw some ideas my way

Get a marshall

Comment

Marshall or Laney. Ratt used both in the studio

Comment

Originally posted by rhoadsfan11 View Post
        Or at least that's what I've been told.
        sigpic
        Action Jackson

Comment

I was thinking a jcm800...

Comment

#1) Soldano SLO 100 thru a Greenback loaded Marshall 4X12. This was/still is Warren D.'s rig. Lynch, Vai, EVH, and a bunch of others have used it as well.

#2) Marshall JCM800 2203 + Boss SD-1 or TS808

#3) ADA MP-1 + decent power amp.

Comment

I second the JCM800. I like the channel switching ones with reverb the best. You can't go wrong with an 800.

Comment

Marshall JMP-1 + Marshall EL-34 100W power amp.

Comment

I agree - Marshall, or one of the hundreds of mods out there. JMP-1 will likely be the most economical and versatile. Look at modelers like the 11 Rack, Kemper, & AxeFx too.

Comment

I've heard they used Laney AOR 50s. I think I was told you can see them in some videos.

Comment

Originally posted by Wizard of Ozz View Post
                      #1) Soldano SLO 100 thru a Greenback loaded Marshall 4X12. This was/still is Warren D.'s rig. Lynch, Vai, EVH, and a bunch of others have used it as well.

#2) Marshall JCM800 2203 + Boss SD-1 or TS808

#3) ADA MP-1 + decent power amp.
                      I was going to suggest the SLO100 too.
                      Believe it or not.. one of the best 80's metal Ratt type tones I have ever got was from a Randall RG100ES which is a solid state amp. I was running it through a Marshall 1960 loaded with V30's with nothing but a delay in the loop. It seemed to be able to nail that Round and Round and Lay it Down tone.

Comment

+1 on the modelling if youre attached to the 6505+, and i have no reason to think you wouldnt be. Digitech, line6, boss, etc etc etc, get the latest rp series if you go digitech and definitely run it on your clean channel. then go to the digitech sound community and download the ratt tone, or pm me and ill email you all my ratt, vh, and 80s patches and walk you through installing them into the rp.
                        Let me tell you about a porcupine's balls.... They're small, and they don't give a shit!

Comment

To be honest I was thinking about having a Marshall clone built for me by ceriatone..

Comment

I never left the 80s.

Comment

Originally posted by Chief_CrazyTalk View Post
                              I never left the 80s.
                              I'm riding that same bus.

Comment

Working...
                              X