Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Silly Redundant JCM800 question for guys who know!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

John,
    Boss TU-2 or 3, OD, Chorus, Small Stone, EQ pedal, and a MXR Carbon Copy should be all you need.

There are several option here.

1. One guitarist uses a Strat and the other a Les Paul. -no need for a solo boost if you get your volumes right because there will not be all that frequency masking.

2. Use a 2 amp rig. Use the bypass out of the boss tuner and send that to your rhythm amp. Have the main out of the Tuner go to the Solo Boost amp so that it only turns on when you turn the tuner off. You can also have your delay only going to that amp if you want. Having a different type of speaker in the solo boost amp's cab will make this layering of sound work even better. Like say G75T for your Rhythm amp and GM12 for Lead amp.

3. Same as 2 but with an amp switcher instead of using the tuner pedal. You can also do the wet/dry amp thing here.

4. Just use the MXR Micro amp for your solo boost. Or Keeley Katana or similar.

5. Just use an eq pedal for the solo boost with a frowny face.

Good Luck!
    Last edited by Dreamland_Rebel; 04-26-2012, 10:45 AM.
    Widow - "We have songs"

http://jameslugo.com/johnewooteniv.shtml

http://ultimateguitarsound.com

Comment

Originally posted by Rupe View Post
      Very cool, thanks! I may have to come check you guys out some time...I'm just a little over an hour away from Warren and I do some recording there occasionally. Let me know what you're upcoming schedule looks like
      I know we are playing in Baldwin, PA on 6/9/12. That's in the Pittsburgh area if that's closer to you. However, it's a small stage area so I use my Bad Cat Hot Cat 30 1x12 combo amp there. Still with the same pedalboard as the RR amp and still plenty of Jackson's will be there with me though It would be great to meet you!
      Rudy
      www.metalinc.net

Comment

Baldwin is a suburb SE of Pittsburgh...I'll try to make it down that night. That said, I'm closer to Warren

Comment

Originally posted by Rupe View Post
          Baldwin is a suburb SE of Pittsburgh...I'll try to make it down that night. That said, I'm closer to Warren
          I didn't realize you were closer to Warren than Pittburgh. The place we're playing on 6/9 in Baldwin, PA is the Lose Moose Saloon. Stop by and say hi
          Rudy
          www.metalinc.net

Comment

setup a second amp for the wet part of the signal. Tap it on for the solo, hence your volume boost and delay, chorus and what not.

Comment

Working...
            X