Digitech question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Digitech question

Allright I have a randall rg-75 I am interested in heavy metal music and I would like to know whether it is worth buying or not, from ebay a gnx-4 or gnx-2000.Both are old and I don't know whether they will function or so any problems:think:.....also I would like to get a sound close to what judas priest and black sabbath-heaven n hell get at their lives (you know monstrous and clear as steel).What do ou think guys...... (sorry for my english)

I'm not familiar with the RG75, but if it has a distortion channel, it should get you a workable heavy metal tone. You might have to adjust the EQ and Gain levels.
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

I know .... I just want sth more professional and I really don't find the cost that high so does it worth giving my money for this?

Comment

Dunno. Never used one. An older rack unit like the Legend will, or if it has to be on the floor, the RP1 (the Legend in the floor unit). Actually, the RP1 would be better because it's a rack in a pedal. The RP12 is a similar unit with an expression pedal attached.

Looking at the gnx3000 on Ebay, I'm sure it's a more advanced unit sound-wise (and not as old).
        I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

Comment

thanks man ......if anyone owns a digitech gnx4 let me know about the sound ...I'll be checking out for a while

Comment

I have an OLD GNX, i dont even know i think its a GNX2. its not bad, for messing around at home. my biggest complaint is the split second of no sound when switching different presets. I think there are others out there that sound more natural and are probably better for live playing, since they dont have a dead second when switching. But for making noise and dicking around its not bad. if your RG75 is anything like the older RG80's or RG100's, you may just want to EQ it, its got enough gain to cover almost all metal.

Comment

All Digitech units did that until they had the S-Disc or dual S-disc brain. One chip "saved" the trailing sound until the new one kicked in.

Best way to work around the dead-note problem is to time your changes precisely, or do it during a drum roll.

Comment

dude pm me and ill give you the complete rundown on em. i have 3 of em. gnx 3, gnx3000 and rp500
                Let me tell you about a porcupine's balls.... They're small, and they don't give a shit!

Comment

btw, id say go for the gnx series solely for the fact that a: you can warp 2 amps together and make your own, and b: the whammy will shift your guitar down a whole step, so no more tune/retune in a set. just drop the pedal and go. and if you actually set it precisely in the exp. edit section, you can do 1/4 1/2 and 3/4 step down as well. itll also drop a 4th. e to b. its nice when you only brought one guitar
                  Let me tell you about a porcupine's balls.... They're small, and they don't give a shit!

Comment

Working...
                  X