Phase me bro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Phase me bro

The only modulation effect I use is a phaser. My G-Major in my live rig has a "vintage" setting that gets me by but it's not as rich as the real deal. At home I've resumed assembling a pedal board. I've had the pleasure of owning a MXR Phase-90 custom shop. Now that's a sweet phaser but I was completely blown away this week when my Whirlwind orange phaser arrived. This pedal is packaged like a bottle of Chivas. Rightly so. It's royalty - the king of phasers. Made by the guys who built the original MXR's, it stands above my previous CS MXR model, which is still a really good unit. The tone out of it is thick, warm, and convincing. A bonus: it has a DC jack.

Good to know, I'm a phaser guy too! I'll check those out.
    JB aka BenoA

Clips and other tunes by BenoA / My Soundcloud page / My YouTube page
    Guitar And Sound (GAS) forum / Boss Katana Amps FB group

Comment

I likes the Phaser in my first "tube" amp - a Peavey Classic VTX. I used it in the comb filter mode.

Comment

good to know. i swear by the phase 90. i will have to check out the whirlwind!
        GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

I found the Retro-Sonic Phaser several years ago and have stuck with it ever since. Its a high end phaser based on the original MXR Phase 90. It also adds a level control which is great because other phasers had volume discrepancies when on vs. off. The Retro-Sonic solves all that
          Rudy
          www.metalinc.net

Comment

eh, to me, when you start adding knobs is when you fuck up the simplicity of the 70s phaser sound....

though, in pro-tools i just use the moog phaser plug in.
            GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

Comment

Originally posted by markD View Post
              eh, to me, when you start adding knobs is when you fuck up the simplicity of the 70s phaser sound....

though, in pro-tools i just use the moog phaser plug in.
              It's not really that complicated, the Retro-Sonic phaser has Speed, Depth, and Level knobs
              Rudy
              www.metalinc.net

Comment

Originally posted by roodyrocker View Post
                It's not really that complicated, the Retro-Sonic phaser has Speed, Depth, and Level knobs
                dude, you must spend all your time programming that thing!

Hail yesterday

Comment

yeah, yeah.....
                  GEAR:

and finally....

Comment

Originally posted by VitaminG View Post
                    dude, you must spend all your time programming that thing!

I just can't seem to figure out how to program these analog pedals, any one got some tips to help me out?
                    Rudy
                    www.metalinc.net

Comment

I just can't seem to figure out how to program these analog pedals, any one got some tips to help me out?
                      turn knobs until those two things on the outside of your head hear something you like to hear
                      shawnlutz.com

Comment

Originally posted by Shawn Lutz View Post
                        turn knobs until those two things on the outside of your head hear something you like to hear
                        Will this method work with ear plugs? I'm so confused, I should ditch this analog stuff and go digital
                        Rudy
                        www.metalinc.net

Comment

see? if you got the one that has ONE knob, you'd be all set!!!!!
                          GEAR:

and finally....

Comment

Originally posted by markD View Post
                            see? if you got the one that has ONE knob, you'd be all set!!!!!
                            Not quite. If it had only one knob would I need to turn it clockwise or counterclockwise?
                            Rudy
                            www.metalinc.net

Comment

Not quite. If it had only one knob would I need to turn it clockwise or counterclockwise?
                              I've been trying to figure that out for 48 years.
                              "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                              Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Working...
                              X