Rocktron Prophesy vs. Rocktron Chameleon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rocktron Prophesy vs. Rocktron Chameleon

I have an original blackface Rocktron Chameleon that I have been using on and off for a while. I think it sounds great for 80's hr/metal tones and it's a good, lightweight rig for small gigs and practices. I was wondering how the Prophesy compares? It it heads over heels better as I can get one at a pretty good price.

Any thoughts?

I thought I read somewhere that the gain channels on those two units were the same, big difference is the effects.

Comment

I'm not an expert, and my familiarity with the Chameleon is limited. Now, with that out of the door - I have owned the Prophesy for well over 10 years. From what I know it is VERY similar to the Chameleon, some say practically identical. I think they needed and "upgrade" from the Chameleon (even thought it was very good for its time). So the doubled the box size , and used extra space for larger screen, more (and rather convenient) control knobs. And they also put a preamp tube in it. From what I see in the schematics it works as a compressor/light distortion, before the actual digital distortion and effects. Don't know how much of a difference does it really make. But overall it is a decent preamp. Even today.

Comment

Thanx for the info. The prophesy seems to be more similar to the Voodu Valve, since that also had tubes in it. And since I've used the chameleon as my main setup before I got back into tube heads, I guess I don't need to spend the money on the Prophesy if the gain channels are so similar.

Comment

Working...
        X