CeriaTone Jcm 800

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CeriaTone Jcm 800

Hey all. I just wanted to let all of you know that within the next week, I'm going to be placing my first order through CeriaTone for a 2204 clone with a gain mod. Im super excited, and I have to say; I'm extremely impressed with their customer service. I spoke with Nik, the owner I believe for a good 3-4 weeks trying to figure out what I really wanted. He emailed me back within an hours time with every email, and was extremely patient with me. I haven't received customer service like this in a LONG time. And Nik was kind enough to walk me through everything, before I ever told him that I was planning to purchase something in he near future. Thumbs up to these guys. They are doing things right. I know I could have probably picked up the real deal for about the same price, but for a brand new head, with better quality and parts, I figured it was a no brainer. I'm currently using a 6505+ which I love, but it's just not getting me the 80's tone which I'm after. I hope my experience working with Nik encourages others to look into CeriaTone. Can't wait to get this head. It's going to be a monster! I will have a written review up on the head once I have received it.

I believe somebody here had one of these heads but moved it because they already had a couple heads that got that sound.
    GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

cool. i have been looking at their stuff for a long time. i kinda want to get one of the dumble clones, but i am not sure....i am also interested in the jubillee clone. i had a real jubillee years ago and it was a KILLER marshall...
      GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

Why not buy a "Monster" Marshall? They got warranties and shit, been around for a while

Three words. .. J V M
        "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
        Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

while i like the flexibility of the JVM, the attraction of the ceriatone is that they are handwired with no PCB. marshall wants A LOT of $$$$$ for anything they handwire anymore...
          GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

Agreed

Comment

What about the Marshall RR head..?

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

I initially wanted that amp. Pretty badly but due to them having extremely limited numbers of them, most people hang onto them for collectors pieces...

Comment

I don't mind PCB construction at all, but I think Marshall has gone too far. If I'm not wrong even the preamp tube sockets are PCB mounted now. I have a VM head that sounds pretty good but I'm almost afraid to look inside. I've heard good things about the JVMs and considered buying one but I think I'll stick to 800's.

Comment

If you want a MONSTER MARSHALL from Ceriatone, get the Chupacabra. That thing RIPS!!

Comment

Jewpacabra...??

Hahhaa...South Park reference. I had to.

Comment

Ah, so that's why everyone else's orders were backed up for 3 months - one guy was tying everything up with indecisive emailing
                        I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Hahahaa yup that was me. Sorry guys haha

Comment

Ceriatone has a good rep.
                            Congrats in advance!

Comment

Working...
                            X