New tubes maybe?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New tubes maybe?

Yesterday i went to my jam spot and plugged in to find that my amp seems to be sick.

The only way i can really describe it is that its lost a lot of "oomph". Sounds less clear, muddy, and has a lot less power. The volume is still there, but it just seems like its got a cold or something. Lol

At first i thought it was the batteries in my blackouts so i tried another guitar and it sounds the same.

Maybe a tube is going out? Idk much about amps but i know something isnt right. Its a 6505+ combo
    I'm going to give you the keys to the Lamborghini

If this were facebook, I would just tag Cygnus...
    "Today, I shat a brown monolith ..majestic enough for gods to stand upon" BillZ aka horns666

Comment

Ah nevermind. I called my buddy to see if he had messed with it and he said he had unplugged the other cab and put it on 16 ohms. I didnt even think of that when i seen it ewas unplugged and plugged it back in. Good thing i stopped when i heard how shitty it sounded, dont wanna mess up the speakers!

Comment

Originally posted by Axegrinder87 View Post
        If this were facebook, I would just tag Cygnus...
        If this were facebook, i would probably log in less then i do here. I hate that shit. Nobody cares that you just got groceries and now gotta drive home and cook dinner ffs.

Comment

You rang?

Impedance mismatch wouldn't hurt the speakers, but it could hurt the amp.
          Glad you got it sorted out.

No, I don't do FB.

Comment

+1 for FUCK Facebook. I got a new droid a couple of years ago and it practically begged me to sign up...so I said sure, wtf. It had imported all of my email contacts and alerted them to my presence on FB lol. Within an hour I had all kinds of messages on my "wall", whatever the fuck that is, and my ex wife asking who are all those people. Definitely NOT the place to be for a single man, or any man for that matter, IMO.

I really believe FB has further fucked up this fucked up, formerly great, country.

Comment

Originally posted by Chief_CrazyTalk View Post
              Definitely NOT the place to be for a single man, or any man for that matter, IMO.
              I have gotten strange ass off of FB many a time, so I must disagree sir.
              "Today, I shat a brown monolith ..majestic enough for gods to stand upon" BillZ aka horns666

Comment

Aint nothin wrong w fb
                As for the speakers, screw that good thing you didnt mess up the amp. Not matching ohms to the head can mess it up for sure.

Comment

Working...
                X